Overheating Mondeo V6 - Lou_O
My mondy is having a bit of a problem keeping it's cool!

Called the AA out last night and we have no coolant circulation. With the thermonstat removed it still got too hot so it seems to point to the water pump not doing it's job.

Can anybody reccommend a garage in Southampton? I'm hoping that it can be done for around £200ish else it's starting to become uneconomical.

TIA,

Lou

Overheating Mondeo V6 - kithmo
A common problem with early V6 Mondeos, the black plastic impellor on the water pump breaks up, change it for a metal one, It's quite easy to change. Fingers crossed that you haven't blown a head gasket due to it overheating though, that is a big (and expensive) job.
Overheating Mondeo V6 - Turtle82
Although my Mondeo is not a V6 - I can vouch for the "get it changed" advice on the waterpump as mine went a couple of weeks ago and resulted in the head gasket going too!

As I am in Southampton, I will recommend a garage to you, once I get my Mondeo back from them early next week!

(The garage that did the waterpump I couldn't recommend!)

£300+ for the waterpump and replacement cambelt

Plus £400 for head gasket - i've got to get a good few more miles out of my old Mondeo before I can consider trading up!

S
Overheating Mondeo V6 - dxp55
The water pump on V6 is easy to do as it's right on top of engine on right hand side looking from front - it is under the black plastic cover with duratec on it - once done give car a good run to get it hot and then check expansion tank - there should be no froth on top of water and no sign of any bubbles rising up the clear pipe going into bottom of tank - if there is your head gasket could have gone - these are a weak point on V6 - you would then be looking at £1500 for head gaskets give or take. - - One thing you could do is try and source a metal impeller pump from a motor factors - they are about but take some finding.
For more info on H/G's failing go to forums on this site and look for V6 engines www.fordmondeo.org/forum/index.php?