Saxo Instrument Cluster - csmudger
All the indicater and warning lights work on my saxo insrument cluster, however fuel guage (low warning light stays on) , rev counter, temp gauge and spedo do not. Mileage indicator works.

Any ideas, have the cluster out all connections seem ok.

Any help or direction would be appreciated
Saxo Instrument Cluster - bell boy
If you have checked the plugs (3?) for tighteness then personaly i would be gambling on trying a replacement scrappie one (£10 up here in sunny yorkshire i would expect to pay)
Dont forget the mileage will be wrong though (possibly?)dont know, as never swapped one, i do know they are a pig to get out though without taking the wheel off.

Any help?
Saxo Instrument Cluster - 659FBE
The VDO cluster on these cars uses a flexi pc board with a large number of zero ohm links to provide track crossings. Unfortunately, these wire ended links are crimped to an unplated copper track with clips which cannot provide a gas-tight joint, and hence develop high resistance.

Before you have an evening beer, put the thing under a good light and go over it with a digital multimeter, checking the resistance of all the tracks in the circuits you are having trouble with. Then use a fine soldering iron - so as not to melt the flexi, and solder jumper wires as needed to bypass the affected sections. The 106D I look after had an intermittent fuel gauge caused by this problem - bridging the tracks provided a permanent cure. Then have your beer.

Saxo Instrument Cluster - csmudger
Great thanks for your help guys, will let you know how I get on.

Rgds