easiest to use SatNav - rogue-trooper
having had to give instructions over the telephone to SWMBO last week to a place that she has been to dozens of times and is 20 miles from home (she only went about 30 miles out of her way!!!), I think that I have convinced her that a SatNav unit might be a good idea, as she will refuse to pull over and to read a map. I think that that might be because she would find it nigh on impossible to find out where she is. As it would not get the most usage in the world I was wondering what peoples thoughts might be on which unit to get.

It needs to be smallish and very easy to use. TomTom1 is a choice but not the cheapest. However I do want something that works properly so if the cheapest is rubbish then I am happy to spend a little more.

TIA.
easiest to use SatNav - PhilW
Don't know how good it is (gets an Autoexpress recommendation though) and saw this ad yesterday - seems a good price at least
www.evesham.com/products/info.asp?e=6F2E4227-0097-...C
See also

--
Phil
easiest to use SatNav - PhilW
See also
www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/206909/por...#
--
Phil
easiest to use SatNav - drbe
Which? recently tested 26 satnavs. It is not possible to get much info. from their website, unless you are a member.

The first 6 highest scores were:-

1. Snooper Syrius £280 with a total score of 90%
2. TomTom Go 510 £270 89%
3. Garmin Nuvi 300 £250 88%
4. TomTom 910 £370 86%
5. TomTom one UK £180 86%
6. Magellan Roadmate £287 84%

For the record bottom of the 26 tested with a score was CoPilot Live - this is the system that is supplied with the new much-hyped Nokia N95.

I am not in the the industry - nor do I have a satnav - so no axe to grind!

The TomToms seem to come out as being amongst the easier to use.

Do let us know what you buy and how it works out.
easiest to use SatNav - drbe
I forgot to add that the CoPilot Live scored 50%
easiest to use SatNav - mattg1
Bought a Navman N20 (very similar to the F20) last week. Very straight-forward, no frills unit - recommended. Although the F20 was a bit cheaper (£130 vs £167 from Amazon), the N20 came with European maps - I thought it was worth the extra. I would also agree that the TomTom is very good for the price. Navman was my only choice however as I wanted to add NZ/Aus maps later (Navman being a NZ company orginally).

Cheers,
Matt
easiest to use SatNav - David Horn
www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/03/30/group_test_gps/
easiest to use SatNav - rogue-trooper
Thanks for all the replies. I just popped out and ended up getting the Navman F20 due to price being good (even better through business a/c at PC World), simplicity (ie not too many extra functions), and good size and good reviews. Hopefully wifey will be able to use it.........!
Good luck with the F20. I'm quite impressed with my N20 - very simple indeed!

Cheers,
Marr
Good luck with the F20. I'm quite impressed with my N20 - very simple indeed!

Cheers,
Matt