Renault Megane Saloon wind noise - Chris_Picasso_owner
Just over a week ago I picked up a Renault Megane Saloon 1.9 dci Privalege from a car supermarket. Seems like a very nice car apart apparently very good condition 15k miles on the clock, good spec etc apart from the WIND NOISE! Above 60 mph this gets very loud particularly on the drivers side (regardless of wind direction) which makes me think the problem is not just down to the cars design. I noticed on that side the wing is not particularly flush with the door (If only I had noticed this BEFORE I bought the car) and the material lining the wheel arch seems a little loose. Either of these I would imagine could cause wind noise? I am going to go back to the Car Supermarket, but I'm not expecting great after sales, just hope I havent bought a crash repaired lemon. I would be grateful if anyone out there has any advice to share thanks.
Renault Megane Saloon wind noise - machika
What kind of a test drive were you allowed to have? Personally, I wouldn't buy a car if I wasn't able to get up to motorway speeds on the test drive. The restrictions on test drives at many car supermarkets are just ridiculous, when they expect the prospective customer to part with several thousand pounds if a purchase is made.
Renault Megane Saloon wind noise - oldtoffee
Don't know if this helps but I hired one recently in Spain (1.5 dci sedan) and I was hugely impressed with how smooth and quiet it was at all speeds up to the limit of 130kph - a very small amount of wind noise which I reckoned was from the door mirrors. Quieter than my previous Passat, Mondeo, Picasso, Octavia by some margin.
Renault Megane Saloon wind noise - mike hannon
From what you say it seems to have seen the inside of a not-very-particular body shop...