Golf V Jetta...why? - runboy
I?ve been looking at the new Golf and Jetta. Anything other than base or one model up in the Golf range and you get sports seats and suspension which I don?t like. And you can't get get the more powerful engines in the base models.

Yet you can get a Jetta for £200 less than the equivalent engined Golf yet have a lot more stuff on the inside. To spec the Golf would probably be about another £1k. But then it has got the sports seats and suspension.

So why the negative press I?ve seen about the Jetta? Does everyone want seats that pinch your thighs and a ride that clatters your teeth?
Golf V Jetta...why? - Pugugly {P}
Jettas = very solid 2nd hand bargains, don't tell anyone though !
This does concern me, looking at a new 1.4TFSI SE for about £14,700.....

I still don't understand these 2nd hand prices though!
Golf V Jetta...why? - Stuartli
The Bora, in contrast, was more expensive than the Golf for a similar specification, yet secondhand prices (thank goodness in my case) are slightly lower.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
I do think it strange VW have spec'd the Jetta up to the hilt-the SE has more gizmos than a Passat SE. The Golf seems to be aimed at two markets-the parents/school run/mum out shopping types, and the sporty/GTi types. Anyone looking for a smooth, pacey motor should look elsewhere.