Volvo S60 Door Wood Trim Removal - BB
Anyone (SjB?) know of how the door wood effect trim surround is removed on the Volvo S60? Is it clipped / screwed / heatstaked on? I am hoping that it is clipped on or screwed on, but has anyone actually removed one?
I fancy a change :-)

Thanks

BB

Just found the answer! If anyone is interested, these are the instructions through Swedespeed.

Ta

tinyurl.com/26xk8x
Volvo S60 Door Wood Trim Removal - SjB {P}
In the event that you are removing the trim to replace with new, consider a strip of paper between the back face of the trim and the door panel. Why? With the superb sound system cranked up, on some cars in some weather conditions (humidity and temperature related I guess) this plastic-to-plastic contact can make the trim strip vibrate in time with the strong bass line. If you are removing the trim strip to do this, then you know it already! ;-)
I should have added that I was about to post the same link that you found by yourself.
Am flattered none the less!
Good luck.
And finally... I now see you "fancy a change" so know you are not doing it because of vibration, so suggest the "mod" anyway whilst it's all apart!
Thanks SjB. Seems like you have done this operation before, did you use new lock washers or were you just careful with the originals?
While I was at it I was going to apply anti squeak tape to as many areas as I can due to some serious vibration from areas of the drivers door trim......or maybe I just turn the HU-803 up too loud :-)
No, I haven't done it sorry, but my Volvo garage said it's quite straight forward when I asked for a difficulty rating.
(Dad's S80 needed the window runners cleaning but in the event the work was done as part of servicing).

I was told that the most difficult part is prising things out without damage. In the absence of a "weatherstrip" tool they recommended an old credit card rather than screwdriver, and to apply some insulating tape on to the visible face to bear the load of prising.

Regarding the lock washers, I read on the web (ages ago, link not bookmarked, sorry) that they are best replaced; if not, the trim strip is likely to come loose leading to HU-803 induced buzzing! Contrary to Volvo's reputation, I would expect them to be inexpensive in the light of my experience. I hope I'm right! ;-)
Thanks SjB,

I have got a set of trim tools so no problem with that and I reckon your right about the lock washers. If I'm going to the effort of stripping them all then I will do it properly and order some more. The next nice weekend we get I will take all the door casings apart replace the wood effect finish with my new ones and pack all the fixings to stop the vibration.

I will let you know how I get on in a couple of months time!!!
Volvo S60 Door Wood Trim Removal - The Purifier
That vibration noise is driving me mad in my S60!