2003 1.8 Mondeo Zetec - ahearn
Just noticed a problem while accelerating recently.
Driving along and I change gear from say 3rd to 4th or 4th to 5th etc... if I press hard on the accelerator the car judders a bit then settles down...
i.e. rather then smooth acceleration it is jerky for a few seconds.
Happens from 2nd gear upwards, especially say coming to a turn off and I have to go from 3rd down to 2nd, turn corner then accelerate and up to 3rd it starts..
weird, I was told it might be fuel-injection issue.
Anyone any ideas?
tks.
2003 1.8 Mondeo Zetec - injection doc
I suspect you may have a plug breaking down, if you remove the plugs & one or two have pencil lines down the ceramic you will need new plugs & leads. the leads is because the carbon line that burns down the plug also goes down the inside of the plug cap & if you leave it the same thing will happen to the new plug. Make sure you use genuine ford plugs as the insulator is a different size to other makes of plugs & this again creates an issue with the leads breaking down.
The other common faliure is the DIS unit. ( coil pack) these are common & to be honest you cant go wrong by changing the whole lot above in one go
Regards
2003 1.8 Mondeo Zetec - Micky
">genuine ford plugs<"

I didn't know Ford made plugs.
2003 1.8 Mondeo Zetec - DP
I didn't know Ford made plugs.

The Ford plugs I bought to service my mum's StreetKa were in Ford boxes, but were actually NGK plugs.

That said, they were actually a couple of quid a set less than Halfords wanted for identical plugs in an NGK blister pack, so it didn't matter particularly.
2003 1.8 Mondeo Zetec - Micky
Sticky IACV gives same symptoms.
2003 1.8 Mondeo Zetec - Aprilia
I agree with injection doc - pretty much classic HT (igntion) fault - check plugs, leads, coils etc.