Peugeot partner escapade wiper fault - bill9876
Has anybody come across this problem before? When I turn the ignition on, the wipers start up (even though they're turned off). They then sweep about 5 times before stopping where they choose - usually right in my line of vision. I then have to operate them a few times until they "park" in the correct position. They also sweep about 5 times when I press the "sweep once" lever. It's driving me nuts! Any help appreciated.
Peugeot partner escapade wiper fault - bignick
what year is your Peugeot?
The later ones with the comm2000 switchgear and multiplex wiring often display this sort of symptom.
It's an 03. What's the cure please?
Would a reboot work maybe?
needs taking to a dealer I think - get them to check for software updates/downloads - and for any fault codes but sounds like you could be in for £150 switchgear
I took it to the dealer, they reckon I need a new bsi unit - £267. I find that hard to believe. The wiper problem is the only problem.
late peugeots/citroens have whats called multiplex wiring - basically a 'fly-by-wire' set up. The switches send a signal to the on board processor (the BSI) which sends instructions to the various electrical items.

When you move the wiper switch it signals the BSI which sends the appropriate instruction to the wiper motor (or in your case doesn't send the right instruction) so it is quite possible that the BSI is at fault.

The new BSI will need programmng to the vehicle so check what your dealer will charge for this - could be £70 or so on top of the part.
Thanks but has anyone heard of rebooting the BSI? Is there any chance that that could rectify the problem?
Anyone know how to reboot BSI on Peugeot - bill9876
Wiper fault on Peugeot partner. Thought maybe rebooting BSI might cure it. Anyone know how to do this?
Anyone know how to reboot BSI on Peugeot - Screwloose
bill

At your own risk. The BSI software can easily corrupt on wake-up.

Open the driver's window and the bonnet; make sure everything [including the interior light] is switched off; lock the car; wait five minutes [touch nothing!] and disconnect the battery for at least half an hour.

Reconnect battery; reach through the driver's window and just turn the sidelights on - nothing else. Wait for a few more minutes and unlock. Turn ignition on.

Make sure that you've got the car pass and the radio code.
Anyone know how to reboot BSI on Peugeot - pmh
www.petercoopercarrepairs.co.uk/peugeot_bsi_reboot...m

This looks like the source for Screwl process, but with added detail.

Does anybody know if the Picasso has similar poorly implemented software? Just planning for the future!
--

pmh (was peter)

pmh

I was working from memory; just printed that detailed TSB off. Thanks for the link.

All the BSI's can be a nightmare if depowered. Batteries get left connected nowadays - if at all possible.
Anyone know how to reboot BSI on Peugeot - bignick
Picasso from about '02 on has same set up, as do most late Citoens/Peugeots.
Anyone know how to reboot BSI on Peugeot - LeePower
Make sure that you've got the car pass and the radio code.

Car pass isnt needed unless your trying to code transponder keys & that cant be done without software / dealers laptop

Also multiplexed PSA stuff doesn't need or have a radio code as it locked to the BSI unit via the 17 digit VIN number, as long as the radio stays in the original car it left the production line with you can disconnect & reconnect the battery as many time as you like it will never ask for a code.
Lee

I was just covering all the angles there; I've had them wipe the key codes when they reboot and without the pass card, he couldn't have called anyone in to re-adapt them. As to radios; who knows if it's been changed, or to what....