Driving instructor recommendations - hjd
My daughter is soon to be 17 and we are looking for a driving instructor. We live in the Woking area.
She would prefer a female instructor. Can anyone suggest some name(s)?
Thanks.
Driving instructor recommendations - Armitage Shanks {p}
Here's one

MAGGIE THOMSON
86, Strathcona Gardens, Knaphill, Woking, Surrey GU21 2AZ
Tel: 01483 480641
Matches: motoring, driving instructors
? MAGGIE'S SCHOOL OF MOTORING ? 25 YEARS AS INSTRUCTOR ? PATIENT & FRIENDLY ? PASS PLUS ? HELP WITH THEORY ? MOCK TEST DONE

Thanks - is this a personal recommendation?
Driving instructor recommendations - Armitage Shanks {p}
No. I just looked in Yellow Pages and this instructor has a highlighted entry at the beginning of the page. If you go to yell.com you will find a list and the female instructors will be obvious, obviously!
Driving instructor recommendations - local yokel
Suggest you/she ask around locally/via school/college. Lots of kids get picked up from college for a driving lesson - saves the embarrassment of being collected by an aging and very uncool parent.
Well, I'm not embarrassed by being ageing and very uncool... one of the few perks of parenthood to be able to embarrass your children...
I have got a couple of recommendations but they are both male and she would prefer a female. She would also like a black car to learn in, preferably a Mini or Ka, but I think that's carrying accessorising a bit far!
Driving instructor recommendations - IanJohnson
What should be of more concern is their ability to teach.

IIRC they are rated 1-6. Ask them what grade they are, aim for a 5 or, if you can find one, a 6. They will be the ones with the waiting list and no bulk buy/intorductory offers.