Very Pleasant Uni Run - islandman
Did the Easter break Uni run to collect daughter from Bristol yesterday and a very pleasant run it was to. Both the A34 & M4 were free running and relaxed. No idiots, no 'close ones', no aggression, no incidents. No one flashing their lights behind me 'cos I dared to overtake in the fast lane at 'only 80!'. I know it was Sunday but previously the traffic has been very heavy and jammed up on the return trips during late afternoon. This time , nothing. In fact the A34 was almost empty!
This may be boring but it felt like what motoring ought to be like, or was like years ago. It really was as if everyone that was out was enjoying themselves.
Just thought I'd mention it as so often there is only stress and aggression. Bet the Easter hols at home won't be so stress free! -- ifn fact I already know it won't! -- the head gasket has blown on daugher's golf and guess what, that's my fault!
Very Pleasant Uni Run - Mike H
Ah, the idiots you mention are clearly waiting for this saturday! I have to take the same route but longer, by picking up the A34 at Winchester and taking the M4 all the way to Swansea to collect my son.
Very Pleasant Uni Run - Citroënian {P}
Did a drive yesterday from West Yorkshire to Blackpool avoiding motorways (thanks TomTom) - mile after mile of country lanes, just me and the odd tractor. Super great fun in the MX5 with the roof off, reminds me why I like driving, a different world to the Mway grind and town rat-cage we're all used to these days.

Was like being in a day long car advert... :-)

-- He\'s a cheeky wind-up scamster and he\'s on the radio....