1997 Ford Ka2 Pollen Filter Help Needed+ - Lee182
Hi all,

My Mrs is having her pollen filter changed but can't find where it is located and thats even after looking in the Haynes book!

One other quick question, she's also having an oil change but the oil sump plug has completely gone from a hexagon bolt to a round whats left of it bolt with no sides to put a spanner on totally chewed up! tryed mole grips but it won't budge, any ideas how to get it off??

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lee182 - on behalf of the Mrs!
1997 Ford Ka2 Pollen Filter Help Needed+ - Pugugly {P}
www.puravent.co.uk/filters/dispfilter.pl?id=41

for the filter anyway.
1997 Ford Ka2 Pollen Filter Help Needed+ - spikeyhead {p}
when mole grips won't work, then a stilson is the next choice.

If that doesn't work, weld a larger nut to what's left of the old bolt head.
--
I read often, only post occasionally
1997 Ford Ka2 Pollen Filter Help Needed+ - Lee182
Hi Pugugly,

Thats just the answer i was looking for thanks very much, i Googled it and still couldnt find anything like that! Cheers.

Spikeyhead, thanks for that also, will try the stilson route first, i don't fancy heating up the oil sump area via welding... sounds dangerous!

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Leo182.
1997 Ford Ka2 Pollen Filter Help Needed - Johnc150x
Regarding the sump plug, other options include using a stud extractor (if you can find one big enough) or grinding/filing 2 flats on the faces before using a large adjustable. Before going any further though, get some heat on it (blowtorch or similar) as it's steel into aluminium and:

a/ will probably have seized

b/ due to differential expansion rates heating will be quite effective (just don't overdo it!)

As a last resort, if you support the engine on a jack, release the (as looking from the front of the car) left hand engine mount and drop the engine down, you should get access to drill into the sump plug and use an Eeezi Out or similar - as big as possible.

JC
1997 Ford Ka2 Pollen Filter Help Needed+ - MW
Either bang on a combination spanner with a hammer and it might spin it off, or take it to a Kwick-fit place and for a drink they will get it off. They do loads of these. Its bread and butter to them. Always undo sump nuts with a combination spanner. For some reason sockets seem to round off the corners. Torque up with a socket though and a new washer.