Diversion from Dover - greenhey
Last night, 21st, I got off the ferry at Dover about 2100 , aiming for Oxford via the M20/25/40.
Coming out of the terminal there was a police notice saying the A20 was closed. Now I know I need the M20, but what I'm unlear about is whether the A20 is the route to it, and if so, whether it is that stretch of the A20 which is closed . So I follow my normal route , across the Dover seafront unitl I get tot he last roundabout where I find (1) yes, the A20 IS the road out; and (b) it's closed here. It says there is a diversion.
So we now go back down the seafront to the terminal, with all the lorries until I see the overpass which heads up to Ramsgate etc. My choices are (1) go back into the terminal (2) repeat the whole back to and fro; (3) take the overpass. At no point after the road closed did I or my passengers see any signs directing traffic to the "diversion".
So I end up taking this road, to Canterbury, A2, M2, A2, M25 thru Dartford, etc.
If there were any notices we didnt see them.
On Radio 5 they mentioned the closure and said there was a diversion on the A256 ??