Clio dci - glow plug light - Christopher
My love hate relationship with this car continues.
I have the glow plug warning light appear again. Have taken it to my local garage before and they reset something on the computer, put some diesel additive in and said that if the problem persists, then the injector for cylinder two needs replacing. They did check the glow plugs and no problems.
This worked for about three weeks and now it's back on again. Classic symptoms of glow plug failure when starting but it may not be that.
Anyone else had this problem or does anyone else know of a fix/cure/remedy for these symptoms? Will I need to change the injector and how much does this cost, I imagine hundreds of pounds.
Thanks in advance for your views.
Clio dci - glow plug light - Screwloose
Christopher

A leaking injector could well cause a starting fault. It returns too much fuel to the tank and the high-pressure pump can't achieve the required threshold pressure to activate the electronics while just at cranking speed.

These don't really need glowplugs unless it's seriously cold; just as well, most have at least one fault code for failed glowplugs stored. The glowplug light is also the malfunction indicator light [that's when it flashes.]

New injectors are indeed not cheap. Forget re-builds; all they'll change is the tips and it's the body that cracks internally.

To confirm which [if any] of your injectors is faulty, just run each individual injector's leak-off into small containers when idling. Most will just produce a dribble - a faulty one spurts out.

Renault themselves do a natty set of pipes and bottles for the purpose - around £40 from parts.
Clio dci - glow plug light - Christopher
Many thanks, will print this off and talk to my mechanic.