Spanish Car Hire - Jonathan {p}
Hi All
I need to book a car for our family holiday this summer.

We are flying to Alicante, can anyone recommend a car hire company in this area (pref located at airport).

Need a five seater with decent boot space, ideally scenic type car or focus estate

Many Thanks

Jonathan
Spanish Car Hire - chakaping
I've used Crown on my last couple of trips to southern Spain, very cheap but charged us about £60 because someone stole the wing mirror glass.

Still cheaper than the main rivals, with that included though, probably.
Spanish Car Hire - Armitage Shanks {p}
Good deals available thro www.moneysupermaket .co - uk (Altered to be non-clickable but you know what I mean!)
Spanish Car Hire - Armitage Shanks {p}
Sorry- typo! www.moneysupermarket.co-uk
Spanish Car Hire - Lud
Used an outfit called Helle Hollis at Granada last May, recommended by locally living friends who also had a discount arrangement. Thought they were very good, and apparently run by Germans. Nearly new Fiat old-shape Punto with a/c, didn't cost the earth and there was no nonsense from them.
Spanish Car Hire - pafosman
Dear Jonathan
I used CrownAuriga out of Valencia this february half term. This firm were the only ones I could find who could rent me a mini bus at this time of year. I assume the multi nationals only do these vehicles in peak season? They were very efficient. The pick up bus left with only three on board rather than waiting until it was full. The paperwork was all ready for me. They offered me some additional insurance, which I think was some sort of CDW, but at 2 euro per day and being in a hurry I didnt really ask! The vehicle was a nearly new Caravelle, which did have some body damage to it. I took digital photos of this while it was parked in their garage.

On return they asked me to sign a form (written in Spanish) which had a a 'map' of the vehicle with the previous body damaged circled. I queried this and was told it was to say that I had not caused the damage but neither had the staff in the garage! I was highly suspicious of this and have watched my credit card on line like a hawk since. As nearly a month has gone by with no further withdrawals I can assume they were being honest. I booked through a website something like 'gotospain.com' I'm sure a search will find it. It was cheaper than using CrownAuriga's own site. I would use them again and can recommend them.

papho

ps i think you may find some more info using a forum search as I am sure this type of enquiry has been discussed here before?
Spanish Car Hire - Wales Forester
I have booked via www.carjet.com when flying into Alicante, they're cheap enough and the car supplied has always been from one of the main rental companies such as Solmar or Auriga. Never had any problems other than the occasional queues at the airport hire desk.
Spanish Car Hire - colinh
I'd back up the recommendation for carjet.com. If possible, send one of the family ahead to get in the queue whilst the rest wait for luggage. The main worry regarding extra charges is damage to wheels (the rest of the body doesn't seem to matter) or lost keys.

Spanish Car Hire - Jonathan {p}
Thanks for all the replies, I'll check out the ones recommended. I've heard horror stories of dangerous cars being rented in foreign countries, so want to make sure that we get a good deal and a good car.

Also does anyone know where I could get the tomtom maps for Spain???

Thanks again

Jonathan
Spanish Car Hire - Quinny100
I always use Carjet too - they are generally much cheaper than booking direct with the company who ultimately supply the car, plus theres no cancellation charges and zero excess on the insurance - the Spanish don't give a toss about cars in the main and I've had a couple of instances of minor damage when parked up. It doesn't cover keys, but you can buy extra insurance for wheels and tyres for 10 euros - I don't bother now because I go 3 times a year and have found a couple of tyre places near where I stay, and the insurance is pay yourself and claim it back anyway, so it doesn't remove the hassle. The roads are as good if not better than at home, so the odds of getting a puncture are low, and the odds of shredding a tyre even lower.

In the summer or other peak times the cars aren't always washed when you collect them, and its always wise to check the tyre pressures. All of the cars I've had have been pretty new and < 15000kms on the clock.
Spanish Car Hire - Peter D
Record Rentals are my preferred company as all inclusive and comp insurance and no excess. Regards Peter