mazda 6 - clutch and tyre wear - wfd
hi all
this is my first time to this site,anyway i have a mazda 6 with just 13,000 miles on the clock its a 2004 october model and i have had it from new the problem is that at its service i was told by mazda that the cluch was 80% worn i'm trying to find out if anybody else as had this problem and also the front tyres have worn on the outter and inner edge i take great care of this car and am gutted that mazda are tring to give me a bill for £600 pounds
been told that the cluch only have a 9,000 mile warranty can anybody help
wfd
mazda 6 - clutch and tyre wear - Dynamic Dave
and also the front tyres have worn on the outter and inner edge

Usual sign of being underinflated.
mazda 6 - clutch and tyre wear - Collos25
Under normal conditions you can estimate around 100k on a clutch it depends where you live and how you drive.The tyres as DD says above.
mazda 6 - clutch and tyre wear - Falkirk Bairn
Mazda 6 Diesels had clutch problems 2/3 yrs back - with your low mileage you are may be experiencing that now.

It has a DM Flywheel

Clutch +DMF is an eye watering £1200+ @ a Mazda dealer
mazda 6 - clutch and tyre wear - turbo11
My mazda 6 2.0 petrol had its first set of tyres(4xBridgestone Turanza ER30) replaced at 35000 miles.If I had let them go down to the legal minimum,they would have acheived 38/40000 miles.I have replaced the bridgestones for Michelin HP's.All four for £314 from costco(kwik-fit reluctantly matched the price).It will be an interesting comparison.No reliability issues to report.
mazda 6 - clutch and tyre wear - Bill Payer
(4xBridgestone Turanza ER30) replaced at 35000 miles.I....Michelin HP's.

Any thoughts on how the Michelin's compare to the Bridgestones?
mazda 6 - clutch and tyre wear - Saltrampen
My Friend had an 53 plate Mazda 6 2.0 petrol, after 1 year (40k) the clutch would judder when cold, after another year it was replaced (as it was a compnay car, he didn't pay) as it was so bad when cold. At the time he said the mechanic mentioned problems with the release mechanism.
If you car only has 13k and is 2- 3 years old, has it been used just for short distance stop-start city driving? This will wear out clutches as well.
S.
mazda 6 - clutch and tyre wear - wfd
thanks for your imfo ,no the car as only been used on the motorway and in my town which beening in north wales its not very busy
thanks
wfd
and for the tyres if it was underinflated which i don't think it is why is it only the front tyres and not the back
mazda 6 - clutch and tyre wear - Dynamic Dave
why is it only the front tyres and not the back

At a guess, the back ones are inflated to the correct pressures.

Do you inflate them all to the same pressure, or the front ones marginally higher?

Looking on www.dunloptyres.co.uk/fandp/pressureGuide at a random selection for the Mazda6, the fronts should be 2.1 Bar (30.5 psi) , and the rears 2.0 bar (29psi). If however they are at the correct pressures, you might want to consider adding an extra psi or two to the fronts.
mazda 6 - clutch and tyre wear - Altea Ego
and for the tyres if it was underinflated which i don't
think it is why is it only the front tyres and
not the back

In your first two years and 13,000 miles, how many times did you check the tyre pressures? "You dont think it is?" if you checked them you would be able to say "they are not"

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >