Skoda Fabia 1.4 Power steering problem - Devotta
Can anyone please help. My Skoda is 7 years old and the power steering stopped working yesterday, the indicator light for the steering came on. There is no problem with the fluid, however the puzzling thing is that an hour after it stopped working and I limped the car home, it was fine and the light for the power steering has gone off, any ideas please. This car has never had a new battery.
Skoda Fabia 1.4 Power steering problem - Deryck Tintagel
The Skoda Fabia has electric power steering and this problem seems to pop up from time to time. If you search the forum for "Fabia Steering" you should find other people with different causes / remedies. It could be a sensor problem or alternator over-volting problem.

It could be just a glitch for whatever reason and turning the ignition off then restarting could be all it needs to clear the fault.
Skoda Fabia 1.4 Power steering problem - Devotta
Thank you so much for your reply, in the meantime I am going to have to drive it until it happens again, I have to say that as I have never experinced power steering failure before, it was very scary for a mere woman driver who knows nothing technical.

Thanks again
Skoda Fabia 1.4 Power steering problem - bluemax
Just noticed same problem on my daughters 2001 fabia, dealer suggests it could be an angle sensor that is prone to attack my the weather and can give problems - haven't found it yet anyone know whereabouts it is?
Skoda Fabia 1.4 Power steering problem - elekie&a/c doctor
These suffer with various faults to the pas system.The electric/hydraulic pump and modulator assy can fail ,this sits behind the front bumper below nearside headlight.The connections to it can corrode.The angle sensor is located at the bottom of the steering column just as it is attached to the steering rack in engine bay.Also check wiring to this as it runs along the back of the subframe and forward under the battery tray and is clipped up to various pipes.hth
Skoda Fabia 1.4 Power steering problem - JBR
I have had the same problem, although mine is a Fabia 1.9TDi.

This time last year, the power steering developed a fault just like the one detailed here. The sensor and pump were replaced under (extended) warranty. A couple of months ago, the same problem re-occurred. Again, both sensor and pump replaced under manufacturer's warranty.

However, the problem persists, although now the PS comes back on after a few minutes driving, usually when the car has come to a stop. Also, the outside temperature indicator now shows a very low figure (eg, minus 18 degrees), and the air conditioning does not work any more.

This is more than a coincidence, and seems rather wierd. Could all three (power steering, temperature sensor and air conditioning) be connected to the central computer? Could this be where the problem lies?

I have given all this information to my local main dealer, and they are (supposedly) in discussion with Skoda, but have not got back to me yet.

I hope someone can help. I am new to this board, and hope that I am not posting in the wrong place.

John