Poor Tyre Wear - Brian
The front tyres on my Pug 405TD were replaced about 17k ago with Bridgestone 185/70 x14. IIRC
The nearside is down to the markers and the offside is not far behind.
The wear pattern is perfectly even across the tread, no scuffing or flatspots.
Tyre pressures have been maintained.
The car has not been hammered round corners.

Normally I would expect at least 25k from a tyre, are Bridgestones prone to rapid wear?
Re: Poor Tyre Wear - Andy P
I've got Bridgestone Potenza RE88s on my Accord, and after 20k, they still have over 4mm of tread on all four tyres, and I wouldn''t say they've been treated 'carefully', so it may be down to the exact type of Bridgestone tyre and the compound it's made with. Softer compounds wear more quickly, so you may want to replace them with a harder compound, although you will get slightly more tyre noise.

Andy
Re: Poor Tyre Wear - Trevor Potter
Yes - their "wonder" tyre (the S-02) normally lasts 10K,
with "heavy-footers" getting as low as 5K.

Of course, FWD front tyres normally have only half the life of back.

Some of these "whizzo" aggressive V-shaped tread directional tyres are unbelievably good in the wet, but SOMETHING has to give.

Having said that, what have I got on my car?
NO NOT Bridgestones,
but the DUNLOP "whizzo" aggressive V-shaped tread directional tyres !!!!
(SP9000 if you really want to know)
Re: Poor Tyre Wear - John S
Brian

Pal of mine had a 405 TD as a company car a few years back, and the front tyres wore pretty quickly on that. IIRC <20k was common even with loads of motoway miles, so I'm not surprised. Usual FWD front tyre wear problem made worse by the torque and heavy engine I guess.

Not sure it's a particular Bridgestone problem - my BMW 323i is on the original set of ER30's at 33k, but down to 3/3.5mm.

Regards

john
Re: Poor Tyre Wear - CM
with my old 325tds i got 48k out of Mich MXV2 before having to change them.
Re: Poor Tyre Wear - Trevor Potter
For sure. MXV2 was in era when we all knew that Michelin tyres lasted AGES. Now they have gone trendy.
Re: Poor Tyre Wear - Derek
I had a 405 TD which got 30,000+ out of the front tyres. Then I got a 2.0 litre petrol Mondeo which did 20,000 miles on its first set (Continental) and 21K/22K on each subsequent set. The tyre shop man said that all Fords did badly because of their suspension set up.

My current 406 110 HDi did 35K on its first set of Pirelli 6000's, but the near side wore more than the offside (is that due to roundabouts?).

I use Michelins on the bike. The first set had 3,000 on when I bought it and I replaced the rear at 7,000. The replacement rear has done 6,000 and has over 3mm of tread left. I'm obviously not burning enough rubber!
Re: Poor Tyre Wear - Brian
Derek
Yep, I used to get abot 30k from Pirellis on my Pug 309, which is why I am a little shocked to go through one in less than 20k on the 405.

Bike backs are bad news, I recon about 8-9k. I replaced the front a few months ago at 40k+.
Re: Poor Tyre Wear - Simon Butterworth
OEM fit front Michelins in my xantia hdi110 are pretty much shot at 25k . Rears still look like new.
Re: Poor Tyre Wear - Ian Cook
What type of Michelins were they, Simon? My Xantia HDi 110 shot its fronts in 17k. They were some Michelin Rialto type, with a direction arrow. Ive just re-shod with Energys - I'd be interested to know if these are what yours had.

Ian