Liteace Engine Number - Melissa
The cylinder head on our 1995 Liteace (auto diesel) has gone, and our mechanic recommends we replace the engine as the cheapest option. Unfortunately, we cannot find the engine number anywhere. Lack of a repair manual doesn-t help - does anyone have any ideas where I could find a repair manual (in english), and/or where to find the engine number? Failing that - how would we go about finding a replacement engine with only the VIN number and the Engine number 2C that are on the registration document?

Many thanks

Melissa
Liteace Engine Number - Aprilia
So far as I am aware there is only really one version of this 2 litre Toyota Diesel and it was fitted in Corollas, Carinas and LiteAce.

You will struggle to find a good imported used engine for a car of this age. I would suggest your best bet is to call API Engines - they are a very good company in my experience (based in Warwickshire) - they will be able to talk you through all you need to know:

www.apiengines.com/diesel.php

Beware of some of the other companies you see advertising used or 'recon' Japanese engines - there are a lot of bandits out there.
Liteace Engine Number - Pete M
If you have difficulty sourcing this engine from a UK supplier, try looking for it in New Zealand. The used Japanese car and parts market is better set up than in the UK (imho) and the suppliers can organise shipping direct to you from Japan. www.engineimports.co.nz is one place to start.
Liteace Engine Number - Collos25
Look in Auto trader or Exchange and Mart there are numerous companies offering heads and complete engines for these.