could it get any worse? - T.Lucas
My motoring hell,driving a diesel Alfa,worst of all worlds.I think i would wait for the bus.
Perhaps..... - John S
TL

Are you forgetting the ARNA - with its award winning combination of Alfa reliability and build quality combined with Nissan styling?

If only they'd done it the other way round......

Regards

john
Re: Perhaps..... - T.Lucas
That really was something else,so bad it made the Maestro look like a quite reasonable car.Unbelieveable.
Re: Perhaps..... - Richard Hall
Don't forget the Nissan Cherry Europe - basically the same car, but sold through Nissan dealers. Luckily very few people bought them, so Nissan's reputation for reliability wasn't too badly damaged....

Saw a diesel Alfa 90 a few weeks ago - the astonishingly ugly Alfa Six big saloon with a VM turbodiesel. LHD, probably the only one in the country. And quite right too.
Re: Perhaps..... - Mahatma Coate
Nissan made some clunkers of their own at that time - why did they need Alfa's help?

Who remembers the Laurel? And what about the Toyota Cressida?
Re: Perhaps..... - Richard Hall
My Dad had a Cressida. But it was in the Middle East, and everyone had them. Good reasons for that - fabulous air conditioning, total reliability and interiors which didn't fall apart if left in the sun. It was a dull old motor though.