Peugot 306 door wire loom - karlthelord
i am having a problem with the wire loom on the drivers side door

the wires are perrished and after several attemtps to repair the Wires (crimping them) the locking system is still intermittent. i read on this site that a replacement loom cost £50
where can you get these and how difficult is it to replace? are there any instructions
Peugot 306 door wire loom - LeePower
Get the loom from a Peugeot dealer.

Not difficult but take a while to do correctly.

Dont really need instructions but only work on ONE wire at a time else your get in a mess, once the door panel is off its pretty easy to follow what wire goes where.
Peugot 306 door wire loom - Screwloose
karl

As Lee says; you need that repair loom from the dealer. You'll likely find it's fully wired and they're all black; [and different sizes to the old ones...]

With an assistant, remove the door [five minutes] and, before cutting-off the old plug, sit down and make a detailed diagram of the position of the pins in yours and the wires to them.

There's a good length of wire on the repair plug; don't shorten them, use the length for easy jointing [solder is best] and simply feed them inside the pillar when you're done.
Peugot 306 door wire loom - karlthelord
Thanks Screwloose

i am pretty sure the plug on the door is ok, so is the loom.
Its the plug on the car and the loom leading from that one which is damaged. i imagine you still get the plug and loom from the dealer, but where does the loom go from the plug? obviously all i can see is it dissapearing into the car? any ideas where all the wires plug into? how difficult is it to replace?
karl

That's the one that Lee and myself were referring to. If you buy the repair loom and remove the door; it all becomes clear.

You cut off the damaged wiring and joint all the wires used onto the matching ones of the repair plug and loom assembly. [That's why you need to make that diagram.]

Although the loom is then much longer, there's loads of space to push all the excess up inside the pillar.
Peugot 306 door wire loom - chindu
I've just done the repair you're talking about (using this guide for help) and have taken some pictures of the process. Would anyone be interested in a write up with the pics to help anyone else in the future...? I've noted all the part numbers etc that are required......
chindu

Certainly would; if you post a link to your image site, a picture is indeed worth a thousand words to anyone who needs to do the job in the future.

I hope I got it right.....
Peugot 306 door wire loom - bell boy
i agree photobucket the pictures and then you can keep them on the link as long as you post on here if you wish
Peugot 306 door wire loom - Dulwich Estate
chindu, I for one at least ,would be very pleased to see your pics and method statement. It's a job I'm planning to do soon during a period of a couple of dry and warm days.
Cool - I'll get it written up (hopefully tomorrow lunchtime) and then post it up.

Cheers.
Right - I've written it up and posted it here - sethtregenna.blogspot.com/

If anyone has any comments / improvements feel free to let me know and I'll add them.
Peugot 306 door wire loom - bell boy
Right - I've written it up and posted it here -
sethtregenna.blogspot.com/
If anyone has any comments / improvements feel free to let
me know and I'll add them.

my only comment is that i would rather solder the wires rathen than crimp them
good
nice to see people make the effort to help others
Top class effort - thanks. Truly appreciated.
chindu

Nicely done; having the repair loom wire-numbered makes it a lot easier. They used to come all in black.

This'll be a great link to direct future enquiries to - it'll save a lot of writing... Thanks.
Peugot 306 door wire loom - SjB {P}
Top job, now bookmarked; many thanks indeed.

With the Missus' 306 Sedan now twelve years old, it's only a matter of time before I need to make this repair even though I try to even out the wear by using the passenger door if all I need is to retrieve something from the car rather than drive it!
Glad to be able to give something back....

Cheers.
Right, quick update - I've moved the page to bitsaboutmy306.blogspot.com/
Regards.
Peugot 306 door wire loom - mvm
To chindu

I 'm from Russian. My local Peugeot dealer can't help my.
I have left hand drive peugeot 306. My door loom:
img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/6/11/2/f_img3216m_6c4...g
10 contacts are used.
Peugeot part # 6542.VQ have 20 wires. 3 contacts don't used.
I can use a detail with this code? Or there is a detail specially for my model?
My dealer can sell to me a wiring loom, whether but cannot tell it will approach me.

I shall be grateful for any help.
In the end I didn't follow chindu's method.

I just removed the central locking fuse and now have a manual locking car.