Freelander Auto wheel tracking - toddy
Recently had new tyres on rear of Freelander ,same make as front ,now can feel vibration through the steering wheel from the front it seems. Will having the tracking checked make a difference? Should I have put the new tyres on the front (permanent four wheel drive) ? Orshould you change all tyres at the same time?

Local tyre dealer seems not to have any ideas! Suggests I see a Main Dealer? Main Dealer not local and I would prefer a quick fix!

Toddy
Freelander Auto wheel tracking - Roly93
Dear Toddy,
I've had endless problems like this aftre buying new tyres.
Unless there was evidence of 'feathering' on the old tyres, I wouldnt let them waste your money on a tracking check, it is almost certainly due to an uncalibrated balancing machine, or poor operation of the machine whilst balancing the wheels.
Take it back and tell them to CAREFULLY re-balance your wheeels.
Freelander Auto wheel tracking - M.M
Why did you fit new rear tyres... worn down or suffering an odd feathered wear pattern?

DW
No tyres just worn ,evenly ,no problem except ususal wear until I went to the tyre depot.

Thanks for this feedback ,it would be very nice if this was the only problem ,I will take it back to a different supplier to get the tracking done properly. No problem previously only changed tyres due to usual sort of wear ,no sight of uneven wear or anything else
Freelander Auto wheel tracking - M.M
I only asked because of the Freelander rear drivetrain issue which is shown by rapidly chopped out rear tyre wear. It also makes them feel weird to drive.

DW

No tyre wear was completely even and up till that time no tracking or wheel noise problems.

sad really because we are just about to chop it in for something else .4 x 4 not being the flavour of the month even here in Devon ,trying to get a price before the bottom drops out of the market.

Thanks anyway for you train of thought!!

Toddy