C4 Picasso MPV - Babygotoo
I've been looking at the ususal suspects for an MPV contract through Motability, based on the dealers close to me it boils down to the C4 Picasso, Zafira and Honda FRV, in that order of preference for me.

If it was my money it would be the Honda but as it's not........I'm thinking taking apunt on the C4, it loks good and I've heard good things on the engines, probably looking at the 1.6 HDI SX.

Any personal or anecdotal stories good/bad on the C4 Picasso please.

Ellis
C4 Picasso MPV - Brian Tryzers
If you do a forum search for 'C4P' in the message body you'll find various comments I've posted in the last 3 months. I keep meaning to take up my Citroen dealer on his offer of a 24-hour demo - for one thing I have a huge pile of Stuff to take to the tip! - but I'm reasonably sure I won't be buying one because I can't get comfortable to drive it. A pity, because I really wanted to like it.
C4 Picasso MPV - a900ss
I was looking at the C4P when I was deciding what to get. It hit all the buttoms apart from one, build quality!!! It feels like it will fall apart as soon as you drive it off the forecourt. Don'g get me wrong, I wasn;t expecting Audi/BMW levels of build quality but even the renault scenic felt better built.

In the end I chose an S-max, should be delivered end of march and time will tell if I've made the right choice.

Good Luck.

a900ss
C4 Picasso MPV - machika
Nothing wrong with the build quality, just don't like the seats and driving position.
C4 Picasso MPV - Brian Tryzers
As for the FRV, I have to say I really don't get it. The whole 3-plus-3 idea seems great in theory but it just doesn't work in practice - to put a third person between two adults in the front without impossible (and dangerous) clashes of elbows means sliding the middle seat so far back that there's no room behind it, so you're left with an oversized five-seater hatchback whose boot is nothing special either. (I suppose it might work if the occupants are stereotypically Japanese in proportions and attitude to personal space, but not for me and my family.)
Add to that that the seats themselves are dreadful and the chromed plastic exterior details tacky and you have to wonder who would buy one. The answer may lie in the number you see on the roads - hardly any round here.
C4 Picasso MPV - Babygotoo
I agree that some of these issues are subjective to the individual, I've seen a lot of reports regarding the boot space on the FRV, and I don't really like the look of it, however it does get rave review on the What Car reader reviews, I'll be taking a close look at the C4P and Zafira this weekend,

Thanks for the replies,

Ellis
C4 Picasso MPV - Bill Payer
on the FRV, and I don't really like the look of
it, however it does get rave review on the What Car
reader reviews,

All Honda's probably do.
We had an FRV for a weekend and it did the job (ferrying 6 people to a restaurant 40 miles away) but we had a diesel and it was like driving a Transit. Far too much gear changing was required, and with the lever sticking out of the dash, it's not a subtle process.
I thought an auto might be much better, but there's no auto diesel from Honda.

I'd be concerned about how wide it is - parking space width is nearly always a big problem.