Lexus IS - cardriver
Starting to see alot of these on the road now (new shape) and I cannot help thinking that it is one of the best looking cars on the road when seen in the metal.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course and when the Accord first came out I thought that looked great and subsequently bought one. When it was parked beside a new IS the other day it looked very bland by comparison.
Is it just me or does anyone else think it looks good - especially beside a 3, A4 or C.
Lexus IS - billy25
A Toyota dressed for a Saturday night out! still cant beat the "old" marks for Prestige, e.g Jaguaaaaar, or Daimlaaaar, ;-))
Lexus IS - cardriver
>>A Toyota dressed for a Saturday night out<<

I agree with you there billy - I think the old IS was actually badged a Toyota in Japan.

It's dressed pretty smartly though IMO.
Lexus IS - billy25
OOps! my head is Cabbage this afternoon, Lexus IS (Model) Sorry! I thought it was a sentence you wanted finishing like :
Love is........................(enter many different interpretations). :-0

sorry
billy
Lexus IS - Gromit {P}
There were Toyota versions of Lexus models in the domestic Japanese market. The IS equivalent was the Altezza - although it had a four cylinder engine AFAIK. Often seen in white with darkly tinted windows and aftermarket bass cannon making ooonka-ooonka-ooonka noises while being revved to death at traffic lights in less salubrious Irish neighbourhoods.

There was also a Windsor which was the Toyota version of the original LS400. Gold rather than chrome Toyota badges were an optional extra. Why?!
Lexus IS - Falkirk Bairn
There were Toyota versions of Lexus models in the domestic Japanese
market.

Lexus was a name derived to meet a need in USA for a Premium Brand (to match MB/BMW etc) - in Japan there was no such thing as a Lexus until last year(IIRC) - All Lexus models were Toyotas in Japan until then.
Lexus IS - cardriver
>>Lexus IS (Model) Sorry! I thought it was a sentence you wanted finishing like :<<

That's brilliant billy (can't stop laughing now) - I'm glad it's not just me that does stuff like that.
Lexus IS - cardriver
Was it true then that Lexus stood for Luxury EXport United States if you get my drift.
Or did someone make this up afterwards.
Lexus IS - Lud
Always thought the original IS rather awkward looking. Saw one today though in Ladbroke Grove which was an estate and didn't look nearly so bad.

Oddly enough it was being overtaken on the inside by an LS400. But Lexuses aren't all that common round here, unlike Priuses which are now everywhere and Porsche Cayennes which must be a bit inconvenient for parking in mewses...
Lexus IS - Mad Maxy
Latest IS: gorgeous.
Lexus IS - cattleman6
I agree. I just sat in the seats of a new Lexus IS 250 and a Lexus IS 220D Sport. Incredicly comfortable, superb finish.
Lexus IS - Peter S
The Altezza was available in 4 or 6 cylinder form in Japan; I spent a couple of years working our there a while back and had one as a company car (6 cylinder auto). TBH it put me off Lexus when I came back - why pay premium money for a rebadged Toyota ;-). It also rattled...

I undertand the newer ones are branded Lexus worldwide, and agree that the IS is a very good looking car though think that, like the last one, it is very sensitive to colour and wheel choice...

Peter
Lexus IS - JH
Well I think it looks good. I've seen very few indeed and I'm tempted to peek in the showroom. I'll put my best jeans on first.
JH
Lexus IS - cheddar
They have an IS350 in the US, 300 bhp 330 eater and a 4WD IS250.
Lexus IS - peterb
I have one. I absolutely love it.

Super smooth and fast V6/Auto combination (converted me to an auto). Excellent handling. Very quiet (unless on large wheels). Even the base model is very well equipped.

The IS200 was a good car but the IS250 is light years ahead. New model is sold only as a Lexus.

Google "lexus owners club" for more info.

Take a test drive and let us know how you get on.
Lexus IS - midlifecrisis
I'm obviously in the minority. I think it looks quite bland!
Lexus IS - peterb
Obviously I'm biased (see above). However I'm suprised at bland. I think both the new IS and GS make quite a strong visual statement.
Lexus IS - midlifecrisis
It's the back end...it just seems very anonymous.
Lexus IS - Audikid

I'm biased too. Just bought a IS250 auto after about 12 years and 5 Audis. Took me long time to actually get to a dealer and try one. A very easy decision to buy one. Blown away by the silence in the cabin, level of standard equipment, the 6 speed auto, and a dealer that actually returned phonecalls. Take note Audi.....

The back is a bit bland, the boot is a bit small and some of the plastics on the dash are a bit below Audi standards - but all very marginal.

Drove it back to back with a new 325 BMW and for 95% of the time the Lexus was a much much better car.
Lexus IS - peterb
"Drove it back to back with a new 325 BMW "

... and the base IS250 can be had for 320 money.
Lexus IS - cattleman6
It's a lovely car. beautifully finished. Superbly comfortable driving position.Sit in it and you will see what I mean.