Ford Ka bonnet replacement - csgmart
My mother has had a small 'bump' in her KA. The bonnet is dented, but not badly in my opinion. The paint has cracked as well.

Her excess is £150 - without pricing up the job properly I estimate the cost to be in the region of £150-£200 if a new bonnet is needed.

I had an idea that she might be able to get a second hand bonnet in the right colour from a scrapper. Is this is feasible idea or a non-starter? Also can any one recommend good scrap/salvage yards that might be able to supply a second hand bonnet in good nick?

The original bonnet might be salvagable but I tend to shy away from repairs involving filler as I always worry about it coming out! I am sure a professional would tell me not to worry.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Ford Ka bonnet replacement - Chris M
You need to phone round the breakers that are within travelling distance. Something like a bonnet would be hard to post and may arrive with a small dent or scratch meaning it would end up requiring a respray anyway. You could also try ebay. Personally, if I couldn't easily find a replacement in the colour, I'd be off to a local bodyshop armed with cash.

A friend damaged the rear bumper on her R reg Mondeo. It's the darkish metalic red. A fairly common colour but it took ages to find a replacement in reasonable condition in the right colour.
Ford Ka bonnet replacement - jc2
A lot of the cars you find in breakers will be there because of front end smashes.
Ford Ka bonnet replacement - Rattle
Exactly and as the 1.3 Valencia engines are so cheap to source most Ka's will only be in scrap yards due to front end collisions.

If its just cosmetic either claim on the insurance or leave it. My dad had a bump at the rear which smashed his rear bumper and dented the tailgate, a bit of duck tape and its passed every single MOT since.
Ford Ka bonnet replacement - csgmart
and for every front end smash there is a rear end shunt? Could be just as many cars with their rear ends mangled as opposed to the fronts. I see what you are getting at though.

Personally I would leave it but the paint is cracked so it will almost certainly start to rust - that and the fact that it is only just 3 years old so still pretty tidy bar the dent.

Either way looks like mum is going to be out of pocket to the tune of at least £150. Ah well could have been much worse.

Ford Ka bonnet replacement - Rattle
Just be aware if you don't have no claims protection your premium may go up.

You could sand the paint down, prime and respray it, you may not get it to look perfect but it will stop the rust.