Laid up Rover 214 - bbroomlea{P}
Hi

My old 214 is sat in my damp garage at the moment. Partner has replaced it with a MINI and its not likely to move any time soon. Its a 1997 P reg with 119,800 miles on the clock. Its been sat since xmas and now the battery is flat and the interior is starting to go mouldy (steering wheel, seat belts, boot etc..).

Shall I sell, or how can I look after it until I may need it again. Fingers crossed I wil have a job some distance away and the plan was to use the 214 for a few days a week (400 miles) to save my current daily car from any more deprecication (until my 6months are up and start recieving car allowance)

If its left in the garage what can i do to stop it going rotton inside and out and what tips to keep it ok until I use it again??

Cheers in advance

Laid up Rover 214 - Chris M
Leave it parked outside?
Laid up Rover 214 - stunorthants26
If it has a K-series, DO NOT stop using it - these cars hate not being used and you would be better cleaning it up and selling it.

Ive seen what happens to Rovers that are left for extended periods of time and its always expensive and arkward.
Laid up Rover 214 - oilrag
"My old 214 is sat in my damp garage at the moment."

At least get it outside so the wind and sun can dry things out a bit.
It needs starting ASAP and running until its fully warmed up.

But from what you describe, its (IMHO) better to get it running and sell it while you can,
Regards