Wynn's Diesel Injector Cleaner - terryb
Does anyone have any experience of this product? How does it compare to Millers DieselClean Plus, it purports to do the same job and is certainly easier to get hold of.

Thanks for any contributions
Terry
Re: Wynn's Diesel Injector Cleaner - Andy Bairsto
They both work well in the mind,a drop of methanol or benzine will do the same job .They work on the system that at the point of ignition the fuel will burn a bit hotter and burn of any loose debris .In reality they do not.
Re: Wynn's Diesel Injector Cleaner - terryb
It's the diesel pump lubrication I'm looking for since SWMBO's last car (BX) had a failure at 60k miles, pump beyond reconditioning, cost an arm and a leg. Didn't recoup the cost a year later when we got rid.

So I'm trying to avoid a repeat.
Re: Wynn's Diesel Injector Cleaner - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up Ltd.)
As far as cleaners goThe wynns is good, does the job well. Texacos' version is available from filling stations but not as effective as the pro formula. If you can find some Forte same thing, but stick to the Millers if you are concerned for the welfare of your pump.
Re: Wynn's Diesel Injector Cleaner - Andrew Hamilton
HJ recommended Millers for ensuring low sulphur diesel has good lubrication for pump. I use it with my 2L Perkins diesel LDV200 panel van. Do notice the engine is slightly quieter. The product is not expensive for the reassurance it gives.
Re: Wynn's Diesel Injector Cleaner - Dave Lacey aka Dr Dave
For the record, we add a can of this stuff to the tanks of every diesel vehicle we service.

We have NEVER had an emission test failure, so far.
NEVER had to do any sort of injector work and
Suffered NO injection pump failures, either.

Or are we just lucky?