how to remove scrapyard pen markings - The Gingerous One
Put my 2 replacement doors on the Primmy last w/e but can't get the markings off the doors that the breaker wrote on them, you know, "Primera '99 n/s/f" plus their part numbers.

I've tried petrol, WD40, brush cleaner, brake cleaner, white spirit, meths and soapy water. I can get a bit off with the soapy water but it looks like it could be a time-consuming job (probably longer than swapping at least one of the doors!)

Is there a tried & tested method for removing this stuff ?

cheers (in anticipation)

Stu
how to remove scrapyard pen markings - Jonathan {p}
It's probably tippex, so try some tippex remover from a stationers or some trichloroethane (if you can source any).

Just keep it away from the plastic trim or it'll melt.
how to remove scrapyard pen markings - jc2
T-cut.
how to remove scrapyard pen markings - IanJohnson
Meths moves most marker pen inks
how to remove scrapyard pen markings - Gromit {P}
Isopropanol is good for removing most inks, and it will mark the underlying paint less than other solvents. Test an inconspicuous painted panel (e.g. the inside face of the door) first though.

You might find that even if the ink comes off, there is shading left where the underlying paint has been protected from the dirt and sunlight the surrounding panel was exposed to. If so, try rubbing compound to blend in the difference.
how to remove scrapyard pen markings - Armitage Shanks {p}
I think large stationery chains (Rymans, Partners etc) sell dedicated marker pen ink removal stuff.
how to remove scrapyard pen markings - horatio
Ask the scrappy.

It reduces the value of the parts somewhat if they are conspicuously marked with a permanent marker.