Tripplewax - amazing stuff - Rattle
Just spent an afternoon cleaning my tired looking Fiesta. The paintwork was dull, had no shine, so I decided to wash it prior to giving it a T-CUT. However the tripplewax worked so well there is no need for a T-CUT now.

My car has back its shine it did back in 1995 when it was made, I also prayed the plastic trim with polish and it looks amazing :)

You can't beat a bucket of water when it comes to a car wash :)
Tripplewax - amazing stuff - R75
I also prayed the plastic trim with
polish and it looks amazing :)

Wow - Didn't think the power of prayer was that good ;o)
Tripplewax - amazing stuff - AlastairW
I take it you've decided to keep it then, if you have treated it to a polish.
Either way it will make it easier to sell now its clean :) Due to circumstances I have not been able to drive the car since Wednesday :(

Either way I think the HG is fine :) Its just the annoying cam rattle that is wrong with it now.
Tripplewax - amazing stuff - Blue {P}
Either way I think the HG is fine :) Its just
the annoying cam rattle that is wrong with it now.

I can tell you a cure for that... turn your radio up! :-)

Blue
The rattle really is quite bad, the machanic told me the camshaft is damaged hence the bad rattle. He also told me that providing I can put up with 40bhp the engine still has many thousands of miles left in it.

It is a bit emberassing that a Morris Minor is faster than my car though :p:

I still love it though and will look after it till MOT time when it might go to Heinz for their tins.
Tripplewax - amazing stuff - craig-pd130
Is it a 1.1 with the pushrod Valencia engine?

If so, that will still be running & rattling long after we're all priced off the roads ....
Tripplewax - amazing stuff - mjm
Rattle, This is the overhead valve engine, I bet most of the valve train noise is from the rockers/rocker shaft area. It is quite a simple job to remove the rocker shaft and give it and the rockers a good flush out. (I used diesel fuel on my son's). If you then remove the push rods, (keep them in the right order) and spin the engine over you should see a good oil supply through a hole in the pad where the rocker shaft pillars are bolted to. (Front one, from memory) If you don't get any oil, clean that oilway out carefully. Make sure that the corresponding hole in the rocker support pillar is clean and clear as well. Reassemble the whole lot and set the valve clearances. Start the engine with the rocker cover off and check that you have a good oil supply to the rockers.(Look out for oil splashes on your clothes !).

After doing this my son's Fiesta was quieter than the much newer models on the estate.

It has taken nearly as long to type this as it does to do the job !
This rattle is a different rattle, not the usual tappet one, yes it does make that sound too, but there is also a very annoying ratter from lower down, exactly where the camshaft is, it quietens down after about 1 minute but its still annoying.

I tend to give the engine a good clean when I have time and I can be bothered, I nearly did it yesterday couldn't be bothering removing all the neatly positioned HT leads and air filter etc.
PS Yes it is the 1.1 Valancia unit :( And to think I could have got a nice purring Punto :)