laguna mk2 hissing possible turbo - leechuter
my 2003 laguna initial 1.9dci is making a loud hissing sound when i put my foot down, and black smoke from the exhaust, and a slight power loss, and coking around the exhaust
laguna mk2 hissing possible turbo - Xileno {P}
Sounds like you've got problems then...

What is the mileage?

Does it have a FSH?

Is the intercooler bulging or swollen in any way?
laguna mk2 hissing possible turbo - Screwloose
leechuter

I'm with Xileno on this; split intercoolers are a Lag II speciality.
You need to know what state the intercooler is in as if it is swollen then that's the symptom rather than the cause of your problem. A swollen intercooler is often due to the EGR valve sticking closed, causing both the combustion chamber temp to increase and also the the air into the intercooler. I think later one had metal straps to prevent the swelling, not sure about yours though.
there is a metal pipe and then it goes onto a rubber pipe then into the intercooler where is the egr valve? it has done 80kmiles with fsh
This link should help. Not exactly the same engine as the 1.9 dCi in the Laguna but near enough.

www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/tips.php#egr
Thank you all for your help i have had the intercooler and pipes cleaned all seems to be working well but i still get a hissing do i need to get a new egr valve or is it easy to just clean the old one and do i need to put any oil on it after or anything like that?
laguna mk2 hissing possible turbo - Screwloose
leechuter
the intercooler and pipes cleaned
but I still get a hissing

Cleaned??? What would be the point of that?

As Xileno was pointing out; these early intercoolers were unreinforced and prone to bulging and then cracking. [AFAIK nothing to do with the well-known EGR fault - just inadequately specified.]

If you've still got a hissing sound; then it's unlikely to be the EGR valve as that is built into the manifolds and operates virtually silently. It's far more likely to be a split in the intercooler that opens under pressure.

The intercooler is sandwiched between the air-con condenser and the main radiator. A quick look should show if it's top and bottom face are distended from the straight and horizontal.