Xantia tyres - doug_523i
I've had my Xantia for over seven years now, and always had Goodyear NCT3s on it. I've got two coming up for replacement and was wondering whether to stick with them, or if there's anything newer/better that would give the same level of grip. I'm not interested in teflon tyres that do 50,000 miles, I get about 13,000 out of the Goodyears and that's fine for the mileage I do, I don't want them cracking with age. Any ideas?
Xantia tyres - Ed V
Try magiccircles.com
Xantia tyres - tr7v8
I think the current ones are NCT5, better grip is Goodyear GSD3 F1 but not sure about sizing, this will be a problem with most replacements in fact.
Xantia tyres - doug_523i
I've got the 15" rims, so there seems to be a fair choice of tyres available, I'm just wondering if there's been any technological improvements in the last 7 years.
Xantia tyres - boxsterboy
That's a low mileage - I used to get far more out of the Michelins on our Xantia, and their grip was fine, too.
Xantia tyres - LeePower
NCT 5 are obsolete, Goodyear have stopped making them, the Goodyear Excellence has replaced the NCT5, you will only find new old stock.

Xantia's love Michelin tyres, a Pilot Exalto PE2 would be a good choice.
Xantia tyres - mjm
I have a 2ltr petrol Xantia and use Kleber Dynaxters on it. They are fine and do about 18000 before needing replacement.
Xantia tyres - machika
Thats very low mileage for a Xantia. I could count on around 27000 from the front tyres and 50000 plus from the rears on our 1.9 TD, with Michelin fitted.
Xantia tyres - neil
Another vote for Michelin from me - car now on 82k, always used Michelin, always got 22-28k from fronts, driven 'briskly' and no grip problems. Incidentally this time, Costco were doing a megadeal on 4 michelin Alpin winter compound tyres, thought i'd give them a go and was astonished - in cold weather or if road's wet, it feels as though its dry! Good kit - and Michelin Premacy whatevers will go on come the spring, so should get 3 years of winters out of these.

Xantia tyres - boxsterboy
I can second the Michelin Alpins. Excellent grip, and much, much, quieter too.
Xantia tyres - jcfaeecht
I would fit Michelins Primacy. Great mileage, I regularly get over 30k on fronts and excellent road holding. They cost more but are the "Rolls Royce" of tyres in my opinion. As mentioned try Costo
Xantia tyres - doug_523i
Although I've stuck with Goodyears on the Xantia, I was very pleased with the grip and feel with a set of Kumho tyres I had on a BX, when I saw them I expected I'd need replacements but they won me over. My dad used to have Viking tyres years ago, which seemed quite good at the time, so I'm not averse to trying something different, the Kleber option sounds interesting.
Xantia tyres - Hamsafar
I have Michelin Pilot Primacies on a Passat, while they do wear well (I'm trying to wear them out so I can get some better ones) I don't like the grip characteristics. The point at which they lose grip is acceptable, but once they lose traction that's it. It seems once they are spinning, there is very little friction.
Xantia tyres - mjm
Kleber are, I believe, a Michelin owned company. My tyre size is 185 65 15 and the Dynaxter 2s cost about £50 each. This was about £10 a tyre cheaper than Michelins when I changed them. The rears are Michelin and have been on there for the 4 years I have had the car, and were about half worn when I had it, so the milage they have done is anyone's guess.

I don't corner the car on the door handles or leave streaks of rubber on aceleration but I do like "making progress" at the appropriate time!

I am on my second pair of Klebers, now, and if the first pair hadn't been satisfactory then I would have fitted a different make second time around.
Xantia tyres - Micky
Michelin. The tyres are designed for Frog cars and Frog cars are designed for Michelin. Even Frog tarmac seems to be designed for Michelin tyres. The ghostly silence that accompanies the exit from Calais/Dunkirk/Boulogne confirms this.
Xantia tyres - mjm
"Frog cars" ?
That's why it jumps away from the traffic lights, then.