New Ford Focus Cabriolet - fray bentos
Had a look at one of these in showroom today, it was a specced up 2 litre with tan leather etc and looked stunning. At £20000 it looks like relatively good value ,but as we know,a £20000 mondeo, for example, will lose about 60-70% of its value in the first year. Would the Focus cab be any different or will Ford limit its availability to try and keep its value up,like the VW Eos,where used ones are dearer than new? Any thoughts?
New Ford Focus Cabriolet - daveyjp
Will the Focus accommodate 4 adults? This is what makes the Eos different to other folding hardtop motors. If the Ford can they may compete, if not the Eos may be the car of choice for those not wanting to buy new.
New Ford Focus Cabriolet - L'escargot
My only thought is that cabriolets usually attract vandals/thieves much more than none-hooded cars.
--
L\'escargot.
New Ford Focus Cabriolet - colinh
Had a look at the EOS yesterday, and VW have certainly solved the "bulbous rear" problem. Roomy inside, but compact outside. Whilst they've tried to market it as a new range, once inside it's difficult to tell it from a mk 5 Golf.
New Ford Focus Cabriolet - Carse
L'escargot.

The Ford Focus is a hard top convertible so would not suffer any more vandalism that a normal vehicle

Carse
New Ford Focus Cabriolet - james86
I can't comment on the resale value I'm afraid, but just thought I'd say that I saw one of these in metallic blue with the same tan interior shortly before Christmas in a showroom and as you say it looked absolutely stunning. I must say I think I'd prefer it in a darker interior colour but either way it looked great. I was also shown the roof mechanism in operation which was very clever. A superb car no doubt.

New Ford Focus Cabriolet - cheddar
>>a £20000 mondeo, for example, will lose about 60-70% of its value in the first year>>

No way, show me a year old average mileage 55 plate ST, Ghia X etc for £6000 to £7000 and I will buy it.
New Ford Focus Cabriolet - barchettaman
Previous model Astra Cabrio? Save approx 12 grand, cloth top obviously but reckoned to be well made and good value. Just a thought.
New Ford Focus Cabriolet - doug_523i
I saw one in the Ford dealer's showroom in Chester, it struck me as being a bit American-looking. It was the light-blue one as well, do they make it in only one colour/color? It does look different though, whereas the facelift Focus looks a bit like a non-descript far-eastern hatch, it's lost that original unique look.
"...No way, show me a year old average mileage 55 plate ST, Ghia X etc for £6000 to £7000 and I will buy it....."

From HJ's letter column this week:

"I must confess to stealing a car from Motorpoint of Derby last week. It's a Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX, less than six months old and with 15,000 miles on the clock. List price is £16,435 and I paid £7,999."

Well on the way!
And if £7999 was the retail price,the car probably cost the dealer £6000. Like I say,a 60% drop in value,and thats at only 6 months old!
New Ford Focus Cabriolet - tr7v8
"...No way, show me a year old average mileage 55 plate
ST, Ghia X etc for £6000 to £7000 and I will
buy it....."
From HJ's letter column this week:
"I must confess to stealing a car from Motorpoint of Derby
last week. It's a Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX, less than six
months old and with 15,000 miles on the clock. List price
is £16,435 and I paid £7,999."
Well on the way!

This is where depreciation figures go wrong not even a private buyer would have bought at £16,435, it's also a rep special far from the top of the range Mondeo as per the equivalent Focus Cab would be. And it looks hugely better than the Astra Cab any day!
How about "Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 130 Ghia £13672 Saving £6023" from News column -------->

It's difficult for the whole of the Ford range when new ones are being sold at 30% discounts.
Yes, I had a similar thought,but I've already got a soft top and since all the new hard tops have come out,the majority of soft tops are now considered old fashioned.A local dealer has had 3 previous astra cabs. for sale for about 8 months now but it seems no one wants them as you can buy a new discounted twin top for only about £2k more.
New Ford Focus Cabriolet - cheddar
A £16k (list) car for £8k is rather different than a £21k (list) car for £6k or £7k.