New Model Honda CRV - Deskpilot
I recently took the above vehicle on a test drive and found it much improved on my current Honda CRV Sport (2005) and largely concurred with the tester's
enthusiastic views given in the motoring press and had more or less decided to place an order.

However, by the time I was completing my drive, it was almost dark and on switching on the headlights, I was disappointed to find how poor they were. On dip
the road was lightly illuminated and main beam was not much better.

In contrast, the lighting system on my current CRV is excellent, giving very adequate illumination on dip and providing powerful beams otherwise.

The dealer was non-committal on the subject, as one might expect.

I would be very grateful to learn the opinion of any current owners of the new model 2007 CRV in this regard, please, and from anyone else who might have
an interest or explanation.
New Model Honda CRV - cardriver
Just ensure you are comparing the brightness in similar conditions.
I always find there is a time just when it is just turning dark when the headlights don't seem to add much in the way of road brightness particulalry if the lenses are dirty.
If you have then turned your cars on when it has got that much darker then they will seem brighter (if you know what I mean).

I have not heard of any adverse comments to do with this on the new CRV.

If you are really concerned test drive it overnight.
New Model Honda CRV - colinh
Did it have the Safety Pack option which includes adaptive headlights?

Autocar found them to be:

Dipped beam: Good Full beam: Very good Test notes: Excellent range, power and an impressive spread

Perhaps the standard lights are just that, and hence necessity to trade up.
New Model Honda CRV - daveyjp
Having seen the new CRV for the first time yesterday the best time to look at it is in the dark! Is there a reason for the strange shaped bulge in the rear door or did the CAD operator's hand slip?
Thanks for your reply.

The model I tested and which I may be interested in purchasing was an "ES" and according to the brochure, a Safety Pack is not available for this car,only a Navigation Pack
Thanks for your reply. All things being equal, I have arranged to test the car overnight on Monday 29th January.

I will let you know how I find the lighting system this time!
New Model Honda CRV - boxsterboy
You could always upgrade the bulbs - Osram or Philips seem the best - assuming it isn't a 'bumper-off dealer-only job' like so many cars these days!
New Model Honda CRV - colinh
Had a look round one today. It was the Luxury version (UK equivalent EX) and the the interior was very impressive and the general concept seemed good. However the exterior, admittedly not helped by a darkish battleship grey finish, just doesn't work. The front and the rear side window seem completely disjointed, and the whole is unbalanced. It's difficult to believe it followed on from the new Civic, which, whether you like or loath it, appears to be an overall co-ordinated design. Mr. Bangle must be laughing, as this will take the pressure off him - the 7-series looks brilliant by comparison.
I was very interested in placing an order for this car - (See my post above about poor lighting, which I have, incidentally, resolved after a test after dark.
Lighting still not as good as my current 2005 CRV Sport but acceptable).

However, back to your comment about shape, (which I wasn't too keen about from the outset ) but I have been now put off even more by seeing a comment
describing it as looking like a toad. I'm afraid I must agree and I don't think I will be buying after all!!!