Auction find - deepwith
Today we went to look round the general household goods auction preview day in Christchurch. In the room with next weeks junk, sitting in all their glory, were two beautiful immaculate old Daimlers, I think from the 50's, plus one outside in the yard. All are according to the staff, in full working order .They are, sadly, being sold by an executor.
Usually if they have a car or van it is from a bankruptcy and go for peanuts - wonder what will happen to these beauties.
Auction find - artful dodger {P}
A couple of years ago an auctioneer who sells mainly antiques included an old mini that had only done a very small mileage. I think they are looking for a collector to pay a high price rather than selling to a motor trader.

--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.
Auction find - deepwith
Normally I would agree, but having been back today, the same executor has put in a 1956 Sunbeam coupe, 2004 Impreza, an Aprilia (?) of 650cc I think - looking from a distance - and several other modern cars like a Xzara. Perhaps the money is just going to a cats home so the executor is not too worried!
Auction find - mss1tw
an Aprilia (?) of 650cc I think

Where is this auction? ;o)
Auction find - nick
Deepwith, do you have any more details or a contact number for the auctioneers please?
Auction find - deepwith
Nick, Bulstrodes of Stour Road, Christchurch. 01202 482244. Cannot give any more details apart from those given which were gleaned from one of the porters and looking over a half door. They have a web site but there are no details on that as yet.
Auction find - nick
Thanks for the info

Nick