Theale to Guildford Commute - petsco
hi

Silly boring question really. Anyone know roughly how long it would take to commute from junction 12 of the M4 to the centre of Guildford in Rush-hour? Would it best to go by train from the centre of reading - or it that just taking the mickey.

thanks lads/lasses
Theal e to Guildford Commute - Altea Ego
There is a very good reliable train service from Reading to Guildford. Parking in Guildford all day will be expensive.

Driving during rush hour its a minimum of 1 hour, (train is faster) . Avoid the A329M into Bracknel, loop round it and wokingham to the west (west of wokingham) and hit the A322 between bracknell and windlesham, then A322 all the way into Guildford

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Theal e to Guildford Commute - Roly93
Bizzarely I live just South of Theale and used to live between Farnham an Guildford, so I know both areas well. This is a very tough journey in rush hour, but I would guess that you would got to M4 J10, down through Bracknell and straight across M3 J3 on the A322 towards Lightwater Bisley etc.
I wouldn't want to do this every day and I guess I would allow about 1/1/2 hours to be safe.
The train service to this area from Reading isnt great either, I guess the powers that be dont expect peopl to travel in this direction much.
The train service is quite good, my son uses it all the time, his GF is in Reading.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
For example

Guildford - Reading

Depart 17:40 17:46 17:57 18:14 18:25
Arrive 18:19 18:28 18:38 18:52 19:16

TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Theal e to Guildford Commute - Roly93
The train service is quite good, my son uses it all
the time, his GF is in Reading.

Actually you are right, my mistake, I was thinking of the Reading to Warterloo service.
Theal e to Guildford Commute - petsco
bum

i thought someone would say something like this....

guess I'll have to give it a go and practice
Theal e to Guildford Commute - cheddar
There is a decent park-and-ride in Guildford.

I would go A4 / A340 to M3 J6, up the M3 to J5 then A287, A31, A3 into Guildford.
Theal e to Guildford Commute - Big Bird
A31 Hogs back is a crawl most mornings towards Guildford, often back as far as the Blackwater valley junction (I go the other way every day).

Getting into Guildford from the north (from Worplesden or Woking way) is also a pretty slow crawl.

I dont think there is a park and ride on that side of town (one towards Godalming and one being built towards Leatherhead, but not much use to you).

Go by train, plan on getting to work well before 8 or resign yourself to a slow drive.

Dan
Theal e to Guildford Commute - Big Bird
Correction

Park and ride and the Spectrum sports centre, right by A3 junction with Worplesden Road, but you've done a fair bit of queueing before you get that far.

£1.20 return on bus, parking free, every 12 minutes, 8 minute ride.

Dan