What's it worth? - mal
Hi, this is the second time I have posted asking the value of a fiesta.

I now have a bit more precise info than I had before.

The car is an Oct 97 Fiesta 1.4 5 door Ghia, 2owners, it has done only 27,000 miles,taxed and mot'd till Oct 07. tidy and clean outside and inside. Metalic dark green.
The only minus point is it has slight collision damage to the hatch which does not affect the opening/closing and w/screen wiper operation. the damage covers an area of about 250mm round.
This car has got to sell for a "first to see it ill buy it" price as I am selling on behalf of my Mother-in-law after Father- in-law passed away. (everything has been cleared with solicitors and DVLA to sell the vehicle).
Difficult I know without seeing the damage but if you can imagine a scrunch slightlt to the right of the rear wiper down to the lip around 250mm area and manualy pushed out by hand.
So what price will sell it quickly without giving it away.

Regards Mal
What's it worth? - mal
It is mechanically sound and drives realy good as I have only just driven it 30 miles to my home and took the opportunity to get it nice and hot and take it through the revs.
What's it worth? - local yokel
I think we reckoned in the high hundreds - can see this being a good 1st car, so should be able to get £750 or so.
What's it worth? - artful dodger {P}
Last year I sold my MIL's Fiesta on an L plate, it was a basic 5 door model with 32,000 miles and 1.1 engine. It sold for £650 after asking £675.

Seeing that your Fiesta is newer, slightly less miles, better engine and spec, but with a small bit of damage, I would ask £900 to £950. Good small cars with low mileage are always sought after and sell very quickly. You should get at least £825.

If selling with a dent worries you, why not consider using a dent removal firm as it would only cost about £50 and then it would look almost perfect.

--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.
What's it worth? - DP
I also think you could get more if it's clean.

When SWMBO and I were looking for a mk4 Fiesta with the 1.4 Zetec-SE engine and a decent spec last year, we thought we'd find something for under a grand (certainly that's what the price guides told us). As Del Boy would say, no way Pedro! Everything decent was £1500+ and the rough stuff was still £1200.

OK that was a year ago, but have a look through Autotrader. Cheapest mk4 1.4 Ghia is £950 with 88k on the clock! Lots of 97-98 cars still being advertised for £1400-£1500.

I bet with that mileage someone will offer you £1250 for it. After all the tat we looked at last year, we'd have snatched your hand off at £1500 a year ago.

Cheers
DP
What's it worth? - caesar
As arful says, and if it were my car i would have the dent taken out and add another £300 to the asking price.
What's it worth? - 1066
i'd get the dent done if not too expensive and then get a good valet with polish and try it at 1250.
these small cars are really wanted as second cars for many familes and as starter cars paid for by parents for their kids. condition is key in these circumstances