Pug 206 CC - High pitched noise - Saltrampen
Please can anyone help?
Work colleague of mine has a 52 plate 206 CC (2 ltr) which is producing a very high frequency drone (ie near to limit of hearing) in the cabin. It has alarm movement sensors within the cabin, but I don't know if they are ultrasonic or infra-red.
The noise is quite loud and goes after a while when the key is removed from the ignition. Turning radio on or off has no effect.
Are there any 206 owners out there who have experienced similar problems?
Is it just a simple case of replacing movement sensors?

Thanks

S.
Pug 206 CC - High pitched noise - LeePower
Alarm is ultrasonic on the 206 including the CC ( great design mistake that )

It wont be anything to do with the alarm sensors as the sound waves they produce a human ear cant even hear them.

If you go to pull the alarm fuse make sure the system is OFF first because its battery back up / anti tamper.

Without hearing the noise or seeing the car is gonna be a struggle to guess what it is, but first port of call would be pulling the fuse for the heater blower motor because that will run even when you set the control to OFF.

Blower motor is located / buried up inside the dash in the middle about level with the display, is your noise coming from that area?

Does this happen with the roof up / down or both? Try pulling the fuse for the roof hydraulic pump motor, maybe it could be faulty.
Thanks Lee
Will advise friend. Local dealer may help but I guess they may need some clues if this is not a common fault.
As far as I know Roof mechanism hasn't been used (ie up all the time, as it is winter). Sounds like blower motor maybe best bet - it is a climate control model and my friend normally has it set to auto.

Will let you know outcome.

Thanks again.

S.
Pug 206 CC - High pitched noise - LeePower
Peugeot / Citroen stuff will run the blower motor slowly even when you turn it to OFF so air is kept moving thorough the car.

I haven't changed a 206 blower motor yet & it does look a right swine to get at compared to the older PSA stuff where it was 10 minute job start to finish.

My 206 also has climate control & its a really good system, The blower motor fitted is the same basic design PSA has used over the whole range for at least the last 20 years.

Only ever seen the 106 / SAxo to have a different type of motor so far.
Update - We worked out the noise went when the Brake pedal was pressed, but came back later on when driving. Car now at Dealer's who agreed that it is probably linked to the servo unit - Will know more tomorrow. The Noise is a medium to high pitched pure tone that did not change frequency (Sounded a bit like the old TV test card sound).
S.
UPDATE - Strange high pitched noise in Cabin.
Dealer replaced the servo and the noise has gone, despite seeing many 206's, the dealer has only seen this problem once before.
The noise started to change from a high pitched tone to more of a tone accompanied by slight hissing noise.

S.