Hertz Car Rental - T Lucas
Just booked a Hertz car for 7 days over the half term holiday in Feb from Gerona Airport Spain,£59.70 all in!!! i had to pinch myself,i thought it must be 1982 and i had dropped thru a time warp.Unbelievable.I think.Booked direct with Hertz on their website.Cheap as chips.
Hertz Car Rental - Cardew
With what insurance?
Hertz Car Rental - smokie
My buddy has just booked a week with a Dodge Charger (www.dodge.com/charger/home_static.html ) thru Dollar for our March week in Florida for $162 (maybe £100?). It appears to have all insurances etc, although booking using his Amex card gives him them even if Dollar don't. He found a special offer code which ran out in Feb, amended it a bit and it worked for March. We have writen confirmaiotn of the booking and also he has called them and they have confirmed. Wish I could have done the same with the flight!
Hertz Car Rental - T Lucas
My Hertz deal includes CDW but the excess will be 500 euro,i always take a chance with the excess,but do always carefully check the car for damage on collection.
Hertz Car Rental - Cardew
I would check that very carefully - particularly the cover from AMEX.

I follow USA prices closely as I spend a lot of time in there and have never seen anything like that deal.

You need CDW, SLI, UMP.

If you book through an American website it never includes insurances and you have to add them.(Some American motor policies cover the driver for rental cars)
Hertz Car Rental - expat
"do always carefully check the car for damage on collection."

Make sure you check carefully inside the boot. I got caught not doing that and found later that there were big scrapes inside. Some one must have been carting bricks or paving slabs.
Hertz Car Rental - pd
If you have an Amex platinum card or above (or Amex travel insurance) it should provide all of the cover you need.
Hertz Car Rental - Jeremy Mason

Attempt at free advert deleted.

Edited by Avant on 20/09/2016 at 12:05

Hertz Car Rental - Falkirk Bairn

2015 -A son came back from USA for holiday & against advice he booked Hertz from Edinburgh airport for his break......hire charge was cheap as chips on the daily rate BUT insurance was extra (not just CDW which he had via the web) he had booked via USA website)- he returned the car after 2/3 days & hired elsewhere. He would have paid some £4,000 for the 8 week hire of a 1600 cc car!

This year the family got a taxi to home & he hired from a local outfit.

Hertz - beware of the extras - especially at airports!

Hertz Car Rental - Steveieb

Booked with Hertz last year in Ibiza. All went well until I returned the car. The team employed a Xenon lamp to check for dents.

When they could find none they claimed I have scuffed the sill with the heel of my shoe and this counted as a claim.

Used Centauro booked through Zest Brokers who give individual feed back on each pickup point which is very useful as the standards can vary considerably even within the same company.