How do i open my bonnet? (Vaux Combo) - cat pot
Vauxhall combo bonnet pull has snapped,any ideas how to get in my bonnet?
please help!
How do i open my bonnet please!!!!!! - mfarrow
I don't know I'm afraid, but be patient and the answer will hopefully come.
How do i open my bonnet please!!!!!! - wayne1980
hi mate haven't had to do this on this model but at a guess id say either try grab what is left with the pull cable with some mole grips or try and take out the front grill to get to the opening mechanism that way. how old is the car? sounds like the mechanism may be seized so get at it with some WD 40. good luck!
How do i open my bonnet please!!!!!! - Dynamic Dave
bonnet pull has snapped

The lever itself, or the bowden cable operating the mechanism?

How do i open my bonnet please!!!!!! - cat pot
ive got hold of the cable that has snapped from near the bonnet but i get nothing!Or do i get the wire out and pull that?
cheers
How do i open my bonnet please!!!!!! - Dynamic Dave
ive got hold of the cable that has snapped from near the bonnet but
i get nothing!Or do i get the wire out and pull that?

You need to pull the inner wire. Failing that, try lying down at the front of the car, pop your head up under the front bumper and look upwards between the radiator and grille to see if you can see the bonnet catch. If you can, then improvise something like a broom handle to see if you can spring open the catch. Might be made easier if you get someone to press gently down on the bonnet while you're doing so.
How do i open my bonnet? (Vaux Combo) - doctorchris
My daughter sent a text with the same question re her Panda. However nothing wrong, she just didn't know how to open the bonnet! (Clue, big red lever in passenger footwell). Doh!
How do i open my bonnet? (Vaux Combo) - cat pot
mines snapped doh!!!!!