Gunsons Gastester Query - Caspar
Hi
I've acquired a Gastester Pro and the instructions tell you to calibrate in fresh air so it reads 2% CO level before testing the car?
So if the CO in the exhaust gas is 2% then the reading will be the same as in fresh air?
Doesn't make much sense to me anyone understand how this works?
Thanks.
Gunsons Gastester Query - rustbucket
I used the same analyzer on sevaral different cars following the instructions,calibrate in free air for 2%, On each car I checked two just passed MOT the CO levels were much much lower than 2% (cannot remember exact figure though). So is exhaust gas cleaner of CO than fresh air?
--
rustbucket (the original)
Gunsons Gastester Query - rustbucket
P.S. when I said "just passed MOT" I realy ment to say had recently passed the MOT.They passed well within limits.
--
rustbucket (the original)
Gunsons Gastester Query - martint123
From the manual (online somewhere or other)

" (NB. The CALIBRATE position represents what the instrument should register when the probe is in air. It is coincidental that air should measure the same as exhaust gas with 2% CO. When the probe is subsequently inserted into the exhaust pipe, the pointer of the instrument may move down or up from the CALIBRATE position, depending on whether the exhaust has less than, or more than, 2% CO).

Gunsons Gastester Query - mss1tw
Stop global warming, go for a drive!