Saxo ignition barrel - Bri
My son's Saxo Furio reg year 2000, latest shape has the ignition key stuck in the lock. The key will turn only far enough to switch the ignition on but not start the car. After discussions with Citroen dealers and cost ranging from £250 to £400 we found a helpful dealer who suggested getting a new lock barrel matched to the original key (the spare) We have been charged £95.46 and given a delivery of 7 to 10 days?????
The problem is I cannot see how to remove the existing barrel, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Saxo ignition barrel - LeePower
Easy

Take the plastics off round the barrel / lock ( couple of torx 20 screws normally )

There might be a small tiny screw to undo in the steering lock housing ( some have & some dont )

Now look on the end of the barrel, there should be 5 little arrow & 4 of them will have letters next to them.

The 5 arrow without a letter is the one you want, turn the key to that position & then press the brass clip down through the slot in the top of the steering lock & then the barrel will slide out.

Unplug the connections & job done.

The switch can be removed from the barrel onces its out the car, note what plug goes with which connection, they are colour coded but I think some of the Saxos have odd / non matching colours to connect.
I forgot to say, if the transponder immobiliser aerial is in the way just unplug / unclip it.
Hi, The lock barrel is surrounded by a plastic shroud which because the key is stuck in the lock can only be removed when the plastic end to the key is pulled off, which happend in an effort to remove the jammed key. I have removed the plastic surround, the small screw from the top side of the barrel but cannot see a brass peg to press and can only turn the key a very small amount back & forth. On the lower side of the barrel are two slots with what appears to be a small sprung loaded peg in the forward slot. I have depressed this and the barrel will move out approx 2mm only. Any ideas?
Saxo ignition barrel - pmh
Lateral suggestion - try lubricating the workings of the barrel with a puffer of graphite powdered lubricant. I have seen this perform miracles with 'difficult' keys on an almost permanent basis. Or make your own graphite with a soft 4B pencil and a fine carborundum block.

I think the problem you will have is that to withdraw the barrel you must get the key turned to precisely the correct position (if it is the same as the BX). I think that I only managed it after completely destroying the old barrel using brute force.
--

pmh (was peter)

Hi pmh,
Thanks for that, I'll have another look in daylight. Will let you know how I get on.
Thanks
Brian
Had another look this morning, can see the 5 marks on the front of the barrel and one without a letter. The key will not turn sufficiently to line up with the plain mark, will only turn to within about 1 to 1.5 mm. Under the barrel tube are two slots each have a spring loaded catch I assume once the key is lined up with the plain mark the two catches should be able to pushed up to release the lock?
May have to reduce to brute force!
Happy new year to you.
Thanks for all your help.
Regards
Brian
Once the key is lined up with the plan mark those catches will just push down & you can slide the barrel out the lock housing.

Take the brute force out on the lock barrel itself, not the steering lock because that would mean a new steering column.
Thanks Leepower
Regards
Brian