53 mondeo heater - stella.a
Gents
I have a 53 zetec s 130tdci mondeo and the heater seems to be playing up. In "normal mode the heat used to come out at the feet, face and screen . It now only comes out at the screen. If you select an option on the heater control eg feet then it will blow all the heat at the feet, the same for face and screen. Very occassionally if you hav been blowing heat at on area and then go back to normal it blows from all 3 vents. Any ideas as to what is causing this please. Thanks
53 mondeo heater - LeePower
I take it this Mondeo has the climate control system fitted?

Whats it doing & wheres it blowing when it auto mode?

Don't know Lee I'll hve a check when the wife comes home
53 mondeo heater - oldpostie
I know it's a bit stating the obvious, but I had the same cold journey with mine, the same age and model as yours. This time of year it took a long long time to get any heat out of it. Going to work in the early morning was a cold time. The petrol engined car I have now is much quicker to warm up.
Yes it doe have it fitted. When in "auto the air at whatever temp it is set at comes out of the vents on the dash ie blowing in your face. There is nothinng coming out at your feet or the screen.
53 mondeo heater - elekie&a/c doctor
Does your car have the climate control where the temp display is a semi-circle in the centre of panel?
53 mondeo heater - rtj70
Is it diesel.....
53 mondeo heater - rtj70
Doh you mention TDCi at the top of the post. Assumed in quesiton 'cos nobody answered.

Is your problem down to the thermal efficiency of diesel engines. It takes a lot longer to get warm let alone hot air on a diesel. If only short journey's could explain your original question?