Best motoring related Christmas present - mfarrow
2006!

What did you get?

I got a clutch! Not the most exciting present I know, but it's what I asked for at least. I'll fit it sometime in Jan/Feb.

--------------
Mike Farrow
Best motoring related Christmas present - Big Vern
Digital tyre pressure gauge..... Which is really good as I have been meaning to check the tyres for ages but each time I am filling up recently the garages have been so busy I couldn't be bothered to fight my way back round to check. V.pleased
Best motoring related Christmas present - Pugugly {P}
"Life on Mars" DVDs. Spot on. All them 60/70s cars.
Best motoring related Christmas present - mjm
A Homer Simpson car cleaning kit AND a Michael Schumacher calender!
Best motoring related Christmas present - oldgit
In the absence of any received presents, I think that I will, despite not having any real use for one, treat myself to the new Mio C 250 GPS satnav. At £165, I think that it is a bargain!
Best motoring related Christmas present - Spospe
A hand cranked LED torch. 3 minutes winding and it will shine for ages, it can charge my mobile phone as well.
Best motoring related Christmas present - mike hannon
Long Lane with Turnings, the last book by the legendary LJK Setright. And inside the cover there's a picture of him with his Prelude - just like mine. Dunno what that means really, except he is described as the Wittgenstein of motoring journalism...
Best motoring related Christmas present - frazerjp
A polishing mit, same as last year too!!
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Best motoring related Christmas present - Perfection
I have a heated massaging seat from my sister. Works well, keeps me warm and comfort with the massager on when i drive on long jouney. My sister bought it off Bay and I think it was a good price compared with the high street.
Best motoring related Christmas present - Stuartli
Just out of curiosity, how much?

Maplins has been offering one at £29.99:

www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=9889...h
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
PS

The last paragraph of the product's description might explain its popularity.
Can only find one example on e-Bay - £50 including p and p.
Best motoring related Christmas present - Robin Reliant
I hope you don't mis-use it.
--
Best motoring related Christmas present - Robin Reliant
A polishing mit, same as last year too!!
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)

(Now can we have that edit button?)
--
>> A polishing mit, same as last year too!!
>> --
>> Its not what you drive, its how you drive it!
:-)
>>
--

We can send probes etc. to the planets but we can't have and edit button here!
>> >> A polishing mit, same as last year too!!
>> >> --
>> >> Its not what you drive, its how you drive
it!
>> :-)
>> I hope you don't mis-use it.
>>
>> (Now can we have that edit button?)
>> --
We can send probes etc. to the planets but we can't
have and edit button here!

Damn. I fallen foul of that omission, again!! Damn, blast and F...........................................................
Best motoring related Christmas present - Dynamic Dave

ok, seeing as it's the season of goodwill.

tinyurl.com/ydnx5q
A hand cranked LED torch. 3 minutes winding and it will
shine for ages, it can charge my mobile phone as well.

I'm sending for two of these (special offer) from www.thetorchshop.co.uk after Christmas when they get some more stock. I think that the offer was about £17 for two - don't know whether they offer the mobile phone charging facility though.
Do they have much of a directional beam on them as would a conventional torch with reflector?
Best motoring related Christmas present - Vin {P}
My son's Scalextric.

V
Best motoring related Christmas present - Chris M
An Aston Martin driving experience from Mrs Chris M.
Best motoring related Christmas present - SjB {P}
My son's Scalextric.
V

Oh so nice to see the name written properly, and I hope, spoken properly.
Fairly high up my niggles tree is when this product gets called "Scayehletrix".

;-)
Best motoring related Christmas present - P.Mason {P}
Our local branch of Robert Dyas were sellingg these at 2 for £7.99,- they may still be available. I bought 4 for family presents. Very bright beam but not as directional as normal torch. I can't recall if they recharge mobile phones.Ideal for leaving in the glove compartment for emergencies.

P.

Best motoring related Christmas present - doctorchris
I got my friend Claire a new battery for her 10yr old Astra, she was delighted.
Best motoring related Christmas present - Brad
I bought my dad a telepeage device. He sticks it on his windscreen and he sails through a french autoroute tollbooth and it's charged to my bank account. When you sign up for an account they ask you how many devices do you want on the same account. seemed a logical choice to say several. Papa is very happy. He can drive on all french motorways free of charge and me (rich son) picks up the tab
Best motoring related Christmas present - henry k
A WD40 pen in my cracker sans instructions.

Tomorrow I get the instructions.
Haynes workshop manual.

Ok, truth be told, the nearest it comes to motoring is a picture of a wheel on the cover;

"Baby
Conception to two years, all models, shapes, and colours"

Well, for the regulars round here it's kinda obvious we managed the first part without the need for a manual, but looking at what's to come, completely rebuilding engines and gearboxes in my time has been a doddle!
Best motoring related Christmas present - PoloGirl
Among other things, the most gorgeous Radley handbag you have ever seen. Well, it will go in the car occasionally, when I pluck up the courage to set it free from it's own silky bag.

Other half received, among other things, some Autoglym leather stuff to help him keep the inside of his new Passat clean. He picked it up four days before Christmas and is so happy with it nothing Santa brought could compete!

Best motoring related Christmas present - David Horn
A shiny new Sony MP3 radio for the car to replace the aging minidisk player. :)

Delighted with it. Sounds amazing even over the rubbish Xsara speakers.
Best motoring related Christmas present - tyro
I got just what I wanted!

See www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=46...2

Yes - "Auto Repair for Dummies"

500 pages about how cars work, and how to do basic maintenance. And at a level even I can cope with - it has a section on what screwdrivers are! (Though this may be included simply in order to give confidence to the faint hearted)

Main problem is that the book is in American English, and hence some terms may need translation. I can cope with 'hood', 'gas' and 'wrench', and I've figured out that emergency or parking brakes are hand brakes (though some are, of course, not hand operated), but I guess there are other things that will throw me.
Best motoring related Christmas present - blue_haddock
I got a Ferrari 355 Driving Experience and a great book called the little book of Porsche by Haynes
Best motoring related Christmas present - Galaxy
I was given an electrically heated windscreen scraper.

Really useful for my Mondeo which has a heated front screen!

Still, it's the thought that counts, and could be useful for the side windows, I suppose.
Best motoring related Christmas present - Bill Payer
I got some AutoSocks (like fabric snow chains) which I've wanted for ages in case I get caught in snow in my RWD car.

Speaking of eBay, there's a couple of sellers who offer the full range of AutoSocks at higher prices than they're available for direct from the 'proper' source in the UK.
Best motoring related Christmas present - Nsar
MiL bought my son a small game called Rush Hour in which you have to get your little plastic car out of a car park when you're blocked in by other little cars that you can move only backwards and forwards in a grid. Sounds a bit pony describing it like this but utterly addictive to 8 adults in our house yesterday and highly recommended.

Or you could go to any IKEA today and play it for real.
Best motoring related Christmas present - deepwith
New MacBook for accessing the Backroom!

Son (14 yesterday) devastated he didn't get any car games for sega or computer.. will have to look for Rush Hour for him!
> > utterly addictive

Agreed!
Best motoring related Christmas present - PoloGirl
>Rush hour

It's a physical game rather than a computer one: www.amazon.co.uk/Rush-Hour-Traffic-Jam-Puzzle/dp/B...R

But...there is a very similar online version here: www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/Games/rush/rushHo...l

Best motoring related Christmas present - bignick
I got this one several years ago. Always travels on holiday with us, usually with the latest expansion kit (usually comes with a new car/truck/limo and new set of problems) never failed to get a couple of hours fun from it yet.
Best motoring related Christmas present - quizman
I got my friend Claire a new battery for her 10yr
old Astra, she was delighted.

I bought my wife, 4 Michelin tyres, road tax for a year, an MOT and service (for the car that is) and do you know she is not impressed at all!

You have got a good woman there doc.
>>I bought my wife, 4 Michelin tyres, road tax for a year, an MOT and service (for the car that is) and do you know she is not impressed at all!>>

But did you provide the car as well..:-)
Best motoring related Christmas present - quizman

>>>But did you provide the car as well

Yes I did, she didn't like it either. She said she wanted a Golf, but a Focus was cheaper. I think she is a badge snob!!! as well as being awkward to buy presents for.
Best motoring related Christmas present - none
How much did the wife cost ?
Introduce her in company as your first wife - that will keep her on her toes...:-)
Best motoring related Christmas present - Dynamic Dave
I wouldn't say this was the best motoring related present, as I haven't watched it yet and therefore couldn't comment. I purchased Clarkson's "The Good The Bad The Ugly" today in the sales for £6.97 at Woolies with an xmas present gift voucher.
Best motoring related Christmas present - L'escargot
Aston Martin Vanquish S ~ but it was gone when I woke up!
--
L\'escargot.
Best motoring related Christmas present - Roger Jones
For once, my sister listened to me: Autoglym Clean Wheels, Fast Glass, and Engine & Machine Cleaner, plus some demister pads -- a particularly pleasing gift because it will all be used.
Best motoring related Christmas present - The Gingerous One
Richard Hammonds' "Car Confidental" and "Life On Mars" series 1 DVDs.
"Interestingly" Hamsters book, under the 'Hearse' section has a picture of the showmans' traction engine "Supreme" that my grandad did extensive restoration work on in the 70's and it was actually his friends' funeral that is pictured.

Was disapointed to see that on the "Life of Mars" episode 1, there's a sky-blue Allegro that is obviously an Allegro 3 (from 1980 onwards, reversing lights in rear light clusters, also badged "Allegro 3") but has a black numberplate and is wearing an 'L' reg plate. tsk tsk attention to detail slipped up there.....

But other than that, both very good, still working my way through LoM DVDs.

Best motoring related Christmas present - LeePower
I too got Hampsters book, haven't sat down to read it yet though.