LEAKING MONDEO - Derek
Am I the only person with a Ford Mondeo Zetec 1999 model which has a leaking rear light cluster seal which has slowly resulted in water filling the spare wheel cavity ? My local main dealer seems to have knowledge but states that Ford will not acknowledge this as a manufacturing fault and I have had to pay a fortune to have it fixed.
Re: LEAKING MONDEO - Brian
I have had this with more than one car of various makes.
Just make sure that there is a drain-hole at the bottom, if not make one, and keep it clear.
Re: LEAKING MONDEO - Mark P
I have a 95 Mondeo that had this problem. I applied sealent on the exterior around the light seal (black from motorworld) and on the interior I used bathroom sael. Dry as a bone for three years.
Re: LEAKING MONDEO - Andy Bairsto
Your Ford agent is speaking with forked tongue,It is a common warranty repair by Ford agents
Re: LEAKING MONDEO - ian (cape town)
Brian wrote:
> Just make sure that there is a drain-hole at the bottom, if
> not make one, and keep it clear.

I have had this problem on numerous vehicles. also a good idea to make a rubber "drain" for the hole - an old rubber glove finger with the tip cut off works well - as a non-return valve, to reverse ingestion of road water.
Re: LEAKING MONDEO - smokie
Mate of mine bought an X Mondeo from car supermarket, exact same problem, he tried sealing it himself but ended up with a bill for £250 from the dealers for new cluster etc.
Re: LEAKING MONDEO - Honest John
4 door, or hatchback? Much more of this and it will qualify for an entry in car by car breakdown.

HJ
Re: LEAKING MONDEO - smokie
Hatch in my friends case.
Re: LEAKING MONDEO - John S
Derek

Had a similar leak on a Corsa. Sealing the rear lamp cluster to the body didn't help. I finally realised it must be entering somewhere along the actual joins in the plastic components of the light cluster. So, I sealed the joint between the front and back of the lamp cluster with clear silicone, and sealed the thing back on the body.

It worked.

Regards

John
Re: LEAKING MONDEO - Pro Bono Publica