ford ka - blower only blows cold! - Darren999
Hello,

as the above, does anyone have any ideas what this could be and how serious it is??

many thanks
ford ka - blower only blows cold! - local yokel
Check the coolant levels asap.
ford ka - blower only blows cold! - Sprice
First, does the dial make any difference at all to the temperature (i.e., does it make the air go colder when set to cold)? If there is no difference, check that the cable hasn't come off behind the dial as it does happen.

If not, as above says, check coolant level. If you mean it just takes ages to get warm, this could be thermostat jammed open. Otherwise, look to the heat exchanger/matrix.

Good luck, bad time of year too!
thanks for the replies:

- no it makes no difference at all what setting and NEVER warms up

I will check the coolant level after work.

Have looked at other threads and it seems a very common problem with the ka & fiesta
ford ka - blower only blows cold! - jc2
Likely to be the heater control valve,that controls the flow of water to the heater,mounted by the bulkhead at back of engine compartment.Takes about half hour to change;valve costs £25/30.
ford ka - blower only blows cold! - piston power
Does your water temp gauge read normal or is it very low down? if low could be a stuck open thermostat as mentioned, worth taking pipes off the matrix and put a hose pipe up it!!
giving it a clean out won't do any harm. good luck
Does your water temp gauge read normal or is it very
low down? if low could be a stuck open thermostat as
mentioned, worth taking pipes off the matrix and put a hose
pipe up it!!
giving it a clean out won't do any harm. good luck

unfortunately the ka has no such gauge, only a warning light if the engine is too hot.
ford ka - blower only blows cold! - mss1tw
Heater control valve very common on mk4/5 Fiesta and Ka.
ford ka - blower only blows cold! - piston power
just like my new astra then a real pain in the bottom !! a simple gauge would be much easier.