Grip pad - mal
Has anyone bought one of these via the add on this site, how does it work ?, seems like a cheap enough stocking filler and useful to.
Grip pad - lordy
The problem with this stuff is it has an adhesive backing. I have rolls and rolls of anti-slip matting stuff which I use at work. It can be cut to size, so is ideal for car dashboards, and doesn't need to be stuck down. It just sits and grips.

If you want some to try out, just e mail me your details and I'll happily send you some.

--
let me be the last to let you down....
Grip pad - Stephen
No the GripPad doesn't have an adhesive backing. The material is just able to grip things - a bit like a harder version of those putty kind of stuff kids throw at walls and stick .. and come off without leaving any marks as there is no glue.

Actually it's closest to the rubbery material at the top of ladies hold up stockings!

Absolutely fab stuff. I placed one the front of my fridge and it held my chunky fat Blackberry there on the vertical surface. Very impressive!
If it gets covered in fluff or dust it will lose its "stickiness" so I just wash it and its back to normal.

There are loads of other products like this around, but none quite do the same job. I suppose it's because the Swiss have come up with the material - and we know how meticulous they are over getting things to work.

----------------------------------
Stephen Khoo
www.khoosys.net
Grip pad - Bagpuss
I bought a similar product in an Apple shop in the USA. I stuck it to the dashboard and stuck the iPod to the pad. First serious bit of acceleration saw the iPod land underneath the passenger seat. So I retrieved the iPod and stuck it in the ashtray where it proved less vulnerable to accelerational forces. As this is the USA I obviously did all this without stopping the car.
Grip pad - Westpig
So I retrieved the iPod and stuck it in the ashtray where it proved less vulnerable to accelerational forces. As this is the USA I obviously did all this without stopping the car.
>
made me chuckle and brought some memories back......... stayed with a mate in Texas who is a Brit but lives out there........couldn't get my head around him driving his awful Ford something (bigger than a Granada but far less quality) whilst simultaneously drinking a steaming hot coffee (inc adding the cream and sugar)

the final straw was driving through a torrential rain storm with him rolling a cigarette and driving with his knees...... insisted on him pulling over, i though we were going to die.........he couldn't understand the fuss i was making
Grip pad - Lud
the final straw was driving through a torrential rain storm with
him rolling a cigarette and driving with his knees...... insisted on
him pulling over, i though we were going to die.........he couldn't
understand the fuss i was making

Knew a man many years ago who used to roll joints on the dashboard of his Zodiac in the overtaking lane of the M1...
Grip pad - BB
Thats the easy part Lud, its the smoking without burning any holes in the upholstery that impresses me.
Grip pad - Big Bad Dave
"seems like a cheap enough stocking filler and useful"

That's the wife's present sorted