Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - stunorthants26
I have to say a late 90's XJR in dark blue with grey interior and that black wood trim. Just the classiest, most comfortable, sublime car ive ever driven. Made me want one instantly. Much better looking than the latest model too.

Rather liked the Audi A8 aswell, for its battleship style dashboard, but just doesnt quite have the X-factor that the Jag has.
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - psi
it was a hire car - a honda civic 1.5 twin carb, J reg IIRC, interior wasn't up to much and quite noisy especially at motorway speeds. BUT
it was basically a go-kart with a boot. most fun I have ever had in a car, would rate it above a TT for "WHOA! how did I not leave the road?!? cornering ability! It was free-revving and had fantastic acceleration that puts my 2 litre to shame.
Never owned a car before or since that made me smile every time I got behind the wheel.
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - bell boy
suzuki van with extra paint on the lash down bracket ;-)
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - bell boy
suzuki van with extra paint on the lash down bracket ;-)

ooooooops no xmas card now :-(
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - Pugugly {P}
That's simple a E39 BMW 330d.
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - Pugugly {P}
Oh for an edit button 530d of course.
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - SjB {P}
What is perfect?
All round or for a particular purpose?

For all round perfect ability it would have to be the V70 2.4T with BSR PPC that I currently drive.
As perfect pleasure it would have to be the Mercedes McLaren SLR that I managed to get behind the wheel of during the best automotive evening of my life.
I imagine though that when the Atom I hanker after is parked on the driveway, the SLR will be eclipsed (when it's dry, anyway!)
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - Stuartli
The mid-Nineties onwards BMW 5 Series. I'd take the 523i.

Virtually identical performance to the 528i and, to my mind at least, one model in a range that represents perhaps the best driver's car ever to come off a production line.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - Lud
They're only perfect when they're new. That doesn't last for ever.
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - spikeyhead {p}
for outright thrills, the Caterham 7 was more fun than the GT3, but I did 3500 miles in the GT3 in a week, that wouldn't have been possible in the Caterham
--
I read often, only post occasionally
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - ForumNeedsModerating
Ah well, perfection, if that means it suited perfectly the use for which it was intended,
i.e. simple transport, with the graph lines for reliability , safety, comfort, economy & all the other
117 things that cars are rated on these days overlapping in a glorious nexus of sensibleness
well probably a Skoda Superb diesel. But on the more visceral & sensual level (which is probably
what the OP is touting for) it would have to be my Jaguar XJ6 4.3 series 3 , circa 1985. Sure pushed
all my buttons is those days.

~woodbines
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - ForumNeedsModerating
4.2 of course..
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - tyro

or, to put it another way, the longer one drives a car, the more one notices imperfections.

Hence, the most perfect car I've ever driven will have been a hire car or courtesy car. Probably a Nissan Micra or Ford Fiesta :-)
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - BazzaBear {P}

New, or new to the driver?
The most perfect car I've ever driven was only 2 years younger than I am. A 1980 Aston Martin V8 Vantage. It's hard to decribe why, I mean it sounded and looked phenomenal, and went like stink, but it's so much more than that. It just exudes excellence, and more than that - class.
I had it for a weekend, and had people waving, grinning, thumbs up, running over to talk to me about it. Had I been driving a Ferrari instead, I'm confident they would all have been muttering about me being a poser.
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - Bagpuss
Mercedes S-Class. Simply perfect.
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - L'escargot
03/03 2.0 petrol Focus Ghia hatch.
--
L\'escargot.
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - local yokel
205 1.4 - just asked to be thrown around, and took the punishment like a man.
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - DP
It would have to be a J-registration Rouse Sport 304R Sapphire Cosworth.

Take the bottom and midrange grunt of a good modern 2.0 turbodiesel and extend it right through to 6500 RPM. The result was stunning performance in both an outright sense, and in real world A to B driving. The turbo lag of the standard Cosworth had been completely eliminated to leave an engine which just effortlessly squeezed you into the seat under even light throttle openings, and went completely berzerk when given its head. Acceleration was grin inducing (claimed sub 5 to 60 and completely believable).

The steering was near perfect with excellent weighting, quick gearing, and constant feedback through the rim. The ride was firm but not harsh, and body control was flawless. It handled like a car half its size, responding instantly to steering inputs but without feeling at all nervous or twitchy. Grip was huge, and the brakes shed speed effortlessly, with plenty of feel, and near perfectly judged servo assistance.

The excruciatingly expensive looking leather Recaros were flawlessly comfortable, the driving position completely natural, the gearbox had a precision and slickness to its operation that you only get when you have the gear level dropping directly into the tail of the transmission. A slightly long throw was my only complaint. To cap all that, it had a huge boot, and could seat 5 in total comfort.

Andy Rouse's Rouse Sport conversion was very expensive, but you could see where the money went. Every mod on the car was carefully chosen and skilfully implemented to complement either the car's basic character, or the other mods installed. Without knowledge of the base car, it would have been impossible to tell where the standard car finished and the mods started.

I stayed in touch with the owner of this particular example, and he racked up 135,000 miles in over the 5 years he owned it. When sold, it was still on the original engine, gearbox and turbo. It was serviced every 6,000 miles religiously on a no expense spared basis, but driven very much as intended and not mollycoddled in any way. A testament to a beautifully engineered conversion, and solid basic mechanical engineering.

I loved this car, and couldn't think of a single practical way to make it better when I drove it, apart from maybe a slightly shorter throw on the gearbox. When that's your biggest gripe, you know you're driving something pretty special.
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - Westpig
difficult to answer isn't it, because perfection in one area, can affect another area.....drove a Ferrari 355 at Silverstone over the weekend (supercar driving day present from SWMBO).......and that was a considerably more impressive driving experience than i thought it would be.......had to chuck all my pre-conceived ideas out the window.

honest answer is my S Type 3.0 SE auto though.......as an allrounder. The longest i've ever owned a car and there's no way it's going yet........which tells me something.

(I suspect my realistic dream list answer, would be the twin turbo diesel version for a bit more economy)
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - oldtoffee
In the 80's an Alfasud Sprint Veloce for the sheer fun, handling and exhaust note. In the 90's can't think of one that endeared itself to me the same way. This decade, BMW 330d auto, no contest. I will own one one day as soon as I can convince myself that not every body despises BMWs and their pilots.

Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - mike hannon
1 - BMW 635CSI. 2 - Honda Legend Coupe (I actually owned that one).
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - BazzaBear {P}
This decade, BMW
330d auto, no contest. I will own one one day as
soon as I can convince myself that not every body despises
BMWs and their pilots.

You should move to Japan, apparently they don't have anywhere near the same image there.
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - glowplug
I'm quite happy with my Xantia. Not perfect by any means but best up to now. Before that the 405 GTX TD.

Steve.
---
Xantia HDi.

Buy a Citroen and get to know the local GSF staff better...
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - Blue {P}
Erm, I would say my dad's CLK, but I've only ever driven it around the drive! I can tell she's a beauty though!

So, out of cars that I've driven for a decent distance, it would be a facelift Mondeo Ghia X. I remember been so impressed with the audio system, the sublime leather seats and the lovely way that it drove compared with my company Fusion.

Also, it was fitted with the High Line Nav system and I was in a desperate hurry to get to a customer's house to collect some information that I had forgotten to ask them, without it, the deal may have been delayed at a *substantial* loss to the company, I had no idea where their house was and it was the first time I'd ever used Sat Nav, I'll never forget how calm and soothing the voice was that guided me fairly easily to the destination, the day was saved, I kept my job, and I was left wowed by that car. Then I went back to my Fusion and cursed it.

Blue
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - Lud
Cars improve all the time of course, and I loved the Citroen C4 turbodiesel I drove a few months ago: refined, capable and rapid. But not quite perfect (there was a very slight judder on initial clutch bite) although nearly new. And I thought the LCD dash looked unreliable. You wouldn't know what to do if it just blinked out.

Most perfect steering: Lancia B20, absolutely no play or backlash, just hard mechanical connection. Most perfect gearchanges: series 1 Lotus Elan, RH remote on my R Type Bentley. 2.4 911S was pretty good too, but a slightly rough example.

Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - MichaelR
E39 530i Sport.

Utterly brilliant. Brilliant cruising ability, excellent comfort, great handling, bags of kit, looks fantastic, excellent performance, basically everything I want in a car, done brilliantly.

530d comes close, infact, I guess a 530d Sport would be more perfect but I've not driven one, only an SE.
Whats the most perfect car youve driven? - GroovyMucker
Honda Accord.

--
Stevie
Lakland 44-02 Sunburst
Yamaha YTS-23