Advice please on reliable autos - baffled1
I need to find a mid sized car for a disabled friend - max budget 2k.My thinking is a mid-late nineties Corolla or similar.Please post your thoughts on dependable autoboxes as I have little experience of them. Thanks.
Advice please on reliable autos - jase1
When it comes to autoboxes the Japanese lead the way, no question. The thing is though that a lot of European, US and Korean firms are using Jatco and Aisin boxes as well these days. At the age you're talking about, however, I'd go Japanese to be safe -- a lot of European autoboxes are troublesome and they aren't cheap or straightforward to fix when they do go.

A late-90s Corolla would be just about as reliable as a car of that age can be if it's been maintained properly.
Advice please on reliable autos - Micky
">Corolla<"

And Almera. It's finding them at a reasonable price that's the problem, small autos command a premium.

Avoid ford.
Advice please on reliable autos - Micky
Advice please on reliable autos - Ruperts Trooper
The bullet-proof Japanese-built Aisin-Warner (owned by Toyota) autoboxes are also fitted to European brands like Volvo, Saab and VAUXHALL. Apart from VAG's DSG box, other European autoboxes do seem to have a fragile reputation.
Have found her a nice late Honda Concerto - thanks for your advice everyone
Advice please on reliable autos - mike hannon
eh?
Advice please on reliable autos - prm72
He said .
Advice please on reliable autos - Dynamic Dave
eh?

The 'dot' was another way of bumping the message back up the list, but quite why the OP has done this after announcing he's found a car....