Toyota Steering KLUNK - latest - Pete W
I had a call from local Toyota Dealer this week who informs that this is a different issue to the Carina E fault where PAS fluid leakage was the cause of premature failure. The local dealer has now assured me that this regreasing is a permanent fix and to put his money where his mouth is offered me an additional 12 months local dealer warranty.

I have accepted his offer as I will cover another 40000 miles in this time and am now waiting for written confirmation. There appears to be no strings attached but I will wait for the letter.......

( also told him it was being followed on a well known web forum....... )
Re: Toyota Steering KLUNK - latest - spud
Good for you Pete W. Power to the people.
Re: Toyota Steering KLUNK - latest - j.cronin
Buy JaP-Get CR**.
Re: Toyota Steering KLUNK - latest - Honest John
For j.cronin's information, the Avensis is built at Burnaston, Derbyshire.

HJ
Re: Toyota Steering KLUNK - latest - Pete W
Letter has arrived stating 12 months OR 12000 MILES which was never mentioned when I discussed and agreed over the phone. I will be writing back and copying Toyota. Perhaps it is still a fair deal but I feel that he's tried to pull the wool over my eyes. This still doesn't seem like a permanent fix as they must have records of my mileage and servicing.
Re: Toyota Steering KLUNK - latest - Pete W
Just spoke politely but firmly to the dealer and agreed revised 30000 or 12 months. That's better.

Have to say that Toyota have always been courteous and no other problem with the car or servicing ( except it would be nice to have it washed before getting it back !! )