Volvo 760 Turbo oil leak - Xileno {P}
The old (1989) Volvo seems to be leaking some oil. Definitely an oil leak rather than burning as the evidence is on the drive. I have checked all the obvious things such as filter and sump. Dry as a bone. I have spent most of the afternoon with the car over a pit, just can't trace it. On some Volvos the flame guard could cause problems but I don't think this engine was fitted with one.

Does anyone know if there are any weak spots on this engine that might help locate the leak? Engine is the B230ET 160K miles.

Thanks
Volvo 760 Turbo oil leak - yorkiebar
Front or rear crank seals or gearbox are likely places, but assume you would have checked these if on a pit ?
Volvo 760 Turbo oil leak - Simon
Well it must be coming from somewhere. Can you not see any oil trace at all or is it that you just can't define exactly where it is leaking from. The best method is to steam clean/jet wash the engine so that is it completely clean and start from scratch. The oil leak should then become a little easier to trace to its root cause.
Volvo 760 Turbo oil leak - Screwloose
Xileno

Might be worth checking the engine breather filter is clear. The earlier incarnations of the B230T had one hidden inside the air filter housing and were notorious for pressurizing the crankcase and blowing oil through the turbo [big time!] when it blocked. I think the later ones had it mounted outside the filter housing; but follow the hose and you'll find it.

You can also get an oil drip from a leaking intercooler or pipework. There's always a considerable amount of oil in the air and even a slight leak can get very messy.
Volvo 760 Turbo oil leak - Xileno {P}
Thanks for replies, will have another look next weekend.