Vectra Di air problems - Alf
Can anyone help with this problem please?

Poor starting led me to suspect air in the fuel, replaced a section of pipe with clear fuel line and added a rubber priming bulb for good measure. Also replaced the fuel filter housing.

The problem persists and I can now see globs of air running to the fuel pump, even bigger ones when ever I squeeze the priming bulb.

Am I correct in ruling out air leaks at the injector/leak off valve area due to direction of airflow if so what specifically needs checking up the way?

TVM
Re: Vectra Di air problems - alvin booth
Alf, I have a vectra TDi which as you know is exactly the same apart from an intercooler.
When I first had it 4 years ago I was talking to a mechanic at Vauxhall Ashbourne. They dealt with this model a lot because JCB which is local use the vectra 2.0Di
I asked if they had any particular problems and he said none apart from what you describe which was caused by (sorry to be a bit vague but it was four years ago) that something needed tightening or refixing in the injector area.
I have never had the plastic cover off so I don't even know what it looks like
However I recall him mentioning the same problems as yourself of poor starting and that it was pulling air in, and that it was an easy job to put right.
alvin
Re: Vectra Di air problems - Alf
Any help is appreciated Alvin, unfortunately, the garage and I are still scratching our collective heads!

Give me rocket science any day!